Issue with Rig Manager on laptop connecting to Player

• When I first connected my laptop to my new Kemper Player it worked perfectly all week. Then this morning the software on the laptop (Rig Manager) says it is not able to find the player.

The connections are good. And I have rebooted the laptop and Player several times each. I was using a USB hub when it was working fine but I eliminated that and plugged the Kemper directly to the USB on the laptop. Software is the latest version on the Kemper. The laptop is a Surface Pro and very modern so I know that’s not too old for the Kemper.

Anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

• It did all week But not today. I didn't unplug any connections. Everything worked perfectly last night. Then this morning I just came back in to the same setup and plugged the power on the Kemper back in (I use the supplied power cable) and it boots up fine and I can play the guitar fine through it but it won't be recognized by the Rig Manager today.

I just went and bought a new connecting cable and I even have a desktop PC that has Rig Manager on it also. I'll try both of those and report back.

• OK the new cable did not fix the problem on the laptop. But I bought the new cable in a longer length so it would reach my desktop and it all works fine on there. So I assume the glitch must be with my laptop. But it's odd because it worked fine yesterday.