pitch shift

• Improved is tricky here. The only other dedicated Whammy (ie not part of an RP/GSP) I've owned was the Whammy II years ago. While it is called the Whammy, it isn't a pure reissue as it offers polyphonic operation. So in that area it is a huge improvement over the old Whammy. However, there are those who really like the glitchy nature of the older Whammy's. This gets close with the classic mode, but seems a bit more stable and less chaotic. So if ye seeketh the glitch, perhaps the older was better. The true bypass of the V is a huge improvement of the poor buffer/bypass of the Whammy II I had years ago though. It does however, have the same general Whammy vibe but sounds bit higher fidelity IMO. Most the users I've spoken with who have owned older units and the V have preferred the V, but that could be GAS as much as anything...

I concurr.........the best improvment in the whammy is the true bypass. I decided to give it a shot in the next days. after all I need it only to have the one octave up effect which is the one I used to have with the gforce............

mic

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music