Player - WiFi Connectivity Issue

• Hey all, still very new to the Kemper universe. Is there a way to have the Player connect to my home WiFi without having to connect it to a PC?

When I enable WiFi on the unit, it defaults to Hotspot mode. When I connect it to a PC and use RM, I can connect to my home network.

But, as far as I can tell, once I disconnect it from the PC, it defaults back to just enabling Hotspot mode.

Thanks

• I'll try again but I suspect the Player will always default to Hotspot mode. I think Kemper's reasoning would be that if you take the unit out on the road, you have no way to connect it to any WiFi service unless you bring a PC with you. Mobile RM doesn't let you adjust WiFi settings.

Therefore, when you turn on WiFi mode on the Player, it currently only goes into Hotspot mode. I think that's what's happening but would appreciate confirmation from Kemper.

• Ok....

• Changing to home network in RM worked fine
    • Disconnected from PC, WiFi/BT button turned yellow (I guess to show it's connected to my home network as it's normally green in Hotspot mode)
    • Connecting to the Player with my device (also connected to my home WiFi) worked fine
    • Rebooted the Player, I can still connect to it via my Home network - yay!
    • Turned off WiFi at the Player, turned it back on and it's still in Home Network mode - great

But, if I want to take this out and use it at a gig and be able to connect to it via my tablet or phone, how do I get it back into Hotspot mode without having to remember to switch it back on the PC?

Thanks for the help so far.

• You have a good memory. From the manual:

Hold this button for longer to deactivate both Bluetooth® as well as Wi-Fi.

To get back into the default modes:

Reset

Hold the Bluetooth®/Wi-Fi Button for about 15 seconds to clear any Bluetooth® devices and Wi-Fi networks, and return to Access Point Mode.

• Official Post

Ok....

• Changing to home network in RM worked fine
    • Disconnected from PC, WiFi/BT button turned yellow (I guess to show it's connected to my home network as it's normally green in Hotspot mode)
    • Connecting to the Player with my device (also connected to my home WiFi) worked fine
    • Rebooted the Player, I can still connect to it via my Home network - yay!
    • Turned off WiFi at the Player, turned it back on and it's still in Home Network mode - great

But, if I want to take this out and use it at a gig and be able to connect to it via my tablet or phone, how do I get it back into Hotspot mode without having to remember to switch it back on the PC?

Thanks for the help so far.

You can easily switch between Network Mode and Access Point Mode by holding down BANK whilst pressing the BT/WiFi button. You do not need to reset the data at all.

• I found out, I can't enter the SSID and password in MAC-RigManager (current version) via USB. The elements do not react.

It's only possible with the RM on iPadOS

Edited once, last by Ebbelwoi ().

• I also can't enter the SSID and password in MAC-RigManager (current version) via USB. The elements do not react.

I also can't enter the SSID and password in iPadOS-RigManager (current version) via AccessPoint Mode. The elements do not react.

• To go to WPS connecting mode, I press the WiFi button for 8 seconds, but it doesn't go to blinking in green/red. Why?