Is it the profile or kemper?

• As the title says I was curious if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just something the profiles can't capture. I have a few profiles of amps that I've owned/own and these real amps can do pinched harmonics anywhere on the guitar with ease, but using the profiles I struggle to get a few easy harmonics.

So is this one of the characters the kemper can't capture or ?? BTW, I feel the profiles are pretty good, just not delivering the harmonics as expected.
    Amps that I'm referring to are....Carvin Legacy, and Bogner Alchemist.

• Could it just be, that you are comparing the sound of your original amp + cab to the profile that your playing through your monitor speakers? The production of harmonics (even pinch harmonics) greatly depends on the interaction with your speakers and the volume.

Nah. I'm using headphones and my podxt can do these harmonics, and if that can............

• What about the other 1800 Profiles, can you do the pinch harmonics with those?

To be honest, the harmonics aren't that good in any of the profiles. Perhaps there is something that needs serious tweaking?

• If is on all profiles it must be a general setting. Check out your clean sense and distortion sense, maybe they are set too low. I find very easy to get harmonics here

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If is on all profiles it must be a general setting. Check out your clean sense and distortion sense, maybe they are set too low. I find very easy to get harmonics here

That didn't really seem to make that much of a difference. Let me clarify, I get a few harmonics on the lower notes and they're not bad, but the higher up they just aren't there, and if they are the sound is horrible.

• Sorry, don't understand.

You're saying, using the same guitar through the same audio system your Pod XT gets better harmonics than your Kemper?

I find there's no comparison, the XT sounds sick in comparison.

• Sorry, don't understand.

You're saying, using the same guitar through the same audio system your Pod XT gets better harmonics than your Kemper?

I find there's no comparison, the XT sounds sick in comparison.

Hard to believe right? I know, and that's why I'm baffled. I might add I used the stine chorus on the pod and I get unbelievable harmonics.

• Could you post a clip of those harmonics? I'm not sure I'm understanding well....

Just give me a few I will let you be amazed at the harmonic difference. I don't have an actual interface yet, so I'm trying to use the pod as one but now sure how to connect the kemper to it. So if you want to hear the podxt I recorded that, just don't have a place to upload it to. Again using headphones the pod harmonics sound better and does these easier with my settings. I tried a kemper profile I been messing with and it gets quite a few but the higher up the neck doesn't do well.

• You can use spdif to connect the KPA to the XT, just let the KPA be the master clock. What model are you using on the XT? If you want to upload clips just open an account on Soundcloud.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You can use spdif to connect the KPA to the XT, just let the KPA be the master clock. What model are you using on the XT? If you want to upload clips just open an account on Soundcloud.

I'm using the Spinal puppet model on the XT. I would like to put this out there that this isn't XT VS KPA. I've had several tube amps, owned and tried most, not all, amp processors, computer software etc. And now own a kemper! So, where I'm at .....I like a lot of the overall tones coming from this, some without having to tweak at all!! BUT, I just can't get those higher harmonics, and the pod can and it's driving me nuts, because the kemper is better then that. Right now that is the ONLY issue I have.

• I have harmonics all over the place....none missing at all. I can even get them on clean profiles. I'm not sure what your issue could be.

I will say that unless you're Zakk Wylde or a guitarist in Skid Row, you should probably chill on the pinch harmonics anyhow.

Actually, I need to tell myself that too LOL

• Have you considered profiling that particular sound from the XT if it is the only thing that you're missing? I was asking which model because I've owned most of the Line6 modelers since the first Flextone. The Spinal, together with the Agro and the Insane are original Line6 model and what sold truckloads of Pod and Spyder around the world. Is quite a unique sound and maybe not easy to replicate with a real amp. I would look at some of the harder Recto profiles from Ola Englund and try modifiyng the advanced parameters, you can play around with the Carvin Legacy as well....

• I have harmonics all over the place....none missing at all. I can even get them on clean profiles. I'm not sure what your issue could be.

I will say that unless you're Zakk Wylde or a guitarist in Skid Row, you should probably chill on the pinch harmonics anyhow.

Actually, I need to tell myself that too LOL

LOL! True. But in my defense I'm just testing out to make sure it can do everything I like then some.

• Have you considered profiling that particular sound from the XT if it is the only thing that you're missing? I was asking which model because I've owned most of the Line6 modelers since the first Flextone. The Spinal, together with the Agro and the Insane are original Line6 model and what sold truckloads of Pod and Spyder around the world. Is quite a unique sound and maybe not easy to replicate with a real amp. I would look at some of the harder Recto profiles from Ola Englund and try modifiyng the advanced parameters, you can play around with the Carvin Legacy as well....

I don't want insult the kemper..hehe, but is it possible to profile the pod? Just that model of course.

• I believe yes, there are also good chances that after profiling, swapping cabs with the KPA ones, it will sound better then the original.