Kemper's scale and User's scale.

• When you profile an amp the kemper set the gain on a global scale which does not reflect the gain setting on the amp. For example the plexi module on my RM50 is set at 4 when the module is set at 10.

I would like to be able to set on the first page of the profiling process the gain knobs, the bass, middle, treble knobs according to how they are set on the amp i want to profile.

This "user's scale" could be displayed later in place of the Kemper's scale.
    You could select the option by pushing the RIG button and select user's scale instead of Kemper's scale.

The EQ should always display <0> <0> <0> but the lights of the knobs should give indications about the settings of the amp profiled and the position of the gain knob should reflect the position of the gain setting.

Basicaly, i would like to see the settings of the recorded amp. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by mba ().

• I think that´s a really good idea. I am thinking of an option that you could enter the orginal amp settings which could be made visible with another LED color.

Excellent idea, but i'm not sure that the green diodes can display other colors.
    If so they could light 1 red diode for the user settings in the middle of the greens. This lonely red diode would move in the same time than the green diodes reflecting always the setting of the amp profiled.
    Both scale would be displayed in the same time, no need for an option.
    Just a new screen in the profile mode to set the position of the gain/bass/middle/treble knobs.

• I think he means the KPA would need to know what the full range of the knob on the actual amp is...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think he means the KPA would need to know what the full range of the knob on the actual amp is...

Are we talking different things here? Every amp pot goes from around 7 o clock to 5 o clock. Since this graphic indication would just be some sort of orientation there would be no need for an exact representation of the original values. Only thing missing would be a representation of the resonance control, that many amps have.

• I like the universal way of all kemper controls.

But like also the option to display the knob positions of the actual amp settings.
    Think of the knob position as additional visual tag information.

During the profile process could everything work the same as now.
    Later - at any time - to be able to use this feature also for existing profiles - can the real knob values be set.

eg
    Amp was profiled at
    Gain 8
    Bass 7
    Trbble 8
    Mid 3

Normal Mode shows now:
    Gain 6
    Bass 0
    Trbble 0
    Mid 0

Now in the new mode let us set the controls to:
    Gain 8
    Bass 7
    Trbble 8
    Mid 3

And after this values are set - we could even turn the knobs in both real and virtuall mode.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de