Player crashes

• I'm using the okatraki USB midi interface (as suggested by one of the admins) and able to control the Player via midi.

However a few times when leaving the unit sitting idle it appears to have crashed.

I am left with a red flashing LED over the bank button and no sound.

Worth noting i am also connected to rig manager at the time and midi prog-changes continue to select a different rig. (the midi rig changes are reflected in rig manager but not visual indication on the player other than the red flashing LED.

Could this be related to the midi interface or perhaps a buffer overload, baring in mind there is no midi traffic during the few minutes prior to the crash?

• Been watching this issue and may have found the culprit- a badly fitting 3rd-party power-connector.

admins/tec-support:

Does the internal power-supply circuit (not the external PSU) have smoothing/filtering besides the ability to handle 9-12v?

I wonder how much or a brief power fluctuation the player can deal with?

And, what are the correct dimensions for the DC connector-terminal (internal and external)

• if the barrel jack is within reasonable +/- dimension deviations and it has the same tip as mine, you may find a little more snugness by using a pin or small clip to adjust the center pole contacts. i had to do this when i hooked up a crappy inline power switch and it bent the contacts of the Player's jack out enough that the fit was just loose enough for the player to lose power. the little square cutouts on end of the tip are how you can access the contacts and bend them gently inwards. worth a shot for a more stable connection.

"No socks? No problem."