Two slots on/off via nrpn values

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello!i have a profiler powerhead and a bjdevices tb-11 pedalboard.

It is possible to on/off two slots at the same time via nprn?or im confused???

I dont know if it is possible how to make this with a this midi pedal,i am old school men,and i prefer browse mode.Thanks!!

• New
    • Official Post

I'm not sure, if you really mean "Slots". In Performance Mode you have 125 Performances, 5 Slots each. You can load each of these either via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB amd Program Changes. The bank select is redundent if you stay within one bank. You play exactly one of these Slots at a time. So what you mean by switching "on/off two Slots at the same time" is unclear.

Perhaps you mean effect modules and not Slots. Each effect module has its dedicated MIDI control change. If you send multiple of those you can toggle the on/off state of multiple modules.

It is also not clear what you mean by "prefer Browser Mode"!? Switching on/off effect modules works the same way in Browser as in in Performance Mode.

Loading sounds can be done via MIDI program changes in both modes. You just don't need to assign the program change numbers since Slots in Performance Mode have gtheir fixed assignments already.

For non of this NPRN is needed by the way.

• Sorry i am from spain and my english is poor.

I want to on/off two effects at the same time with one button of my pedalboard.

I now that i have to send cc messages,but i dont now if i can send two at the same time,for this reason i say that nrpn works for it?i dont know.

My midi controller can work via nrpn with kemper looper,but i dont now how make two effects on/off at the same time.

• New
    • Official Post

NRPN requires you to send three or four MIDI control changes to control one single parameter. The advantage is that you can reach more than 128 parameters and have a better resolution of 14 bit instead of 7 bit. If your footcontroller can only send one control change at a time and also no sysex messages, this is no solution for you.

So either your pedal board is able to send two MiDI control changes e.g. #17 (effect module A) and #18 (effect module B).

Or you could consider sending MIDI control change #16. This one control change toggels all effect modules A-REV.

Or you use Morphing and send control change #80. Morphing could control the Mix parameters of multiple effect modules. If you toggle between Mix=0% and another Mix level, it's like on and off.

Or you switch complete Rigs with different effect constellations via MIDI program changes.

• Thanks,i consider all the options that you give me to take better solution.I go to find how to make the best and easy way to take controll of all the effects,the kemper have a great potential!!thanks