Volume Pedal Stopped Working Correctly

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi,

I was using my expression pedal for volume since years without any issue. It stopped working correctly. I think I should have missing something but, I can't find what the problem is.

My expression pedal for volume is connected on Remote Pedal 3 port. Calibration is done. When I use the pedal it's like %5 affecting the volume. I am also using another exp. pedal on Remote Pedal 4 for wah and another one on Remote Pedal 5 for morph without any problems. I switched the exp. pedals etc. but nothing has changed. What am I missing?

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• New
    • Official Post

I don't completely understand the scenario.

When calibration is done and has been successfull, the bar below "Calibrate" moves from minimum to maximum. Is that the case? Or is this were you see the bar only following to 5% of the range? If the bar doesn't cover the fiull range, there is something wrong with cable or pedal itself.

When the bar moves from minimum to maximum, hardware seems in tact. Then it's unclear what the 5% are really related to. Does it mean each Rig starts with 100% volume when pedal rests in toe position, but you can only lower down tp 95% if expression pedal is in heel position? In that case check Volume Padal Range in Rig Settings. Its default is -5. If you set for example to -1 it could have the effect that you describe. And if Volume Pedal is locked, this affects all Rigs.