Kemper Player Updating Stuck

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi,

New user here

Just bought Kemper Player, install Rig Manager 3.5.2.7 on windows 10

Try connect the unit via usb cable, the RM tell to updating first

So downloading the firmware via RM, install it

Then RM say "starting up & optimizing", the light on the unit is red blink (first 6 left) over & over for hours

Disconnect the unit, plug again & keep blink in red

Try power off, power on again, still the same issue

Any ideas/solution?

• New
    • Official Post

Try holding the following four buttons while powering on: BANK+TAP+KONE+Bluetooth/WiFi.

This will recover the as-delivered-state.

If the unit is started, Rig Manager should show at its top, which OS is currently installed on your PROFILER.

• Yes i did that but still the player cannot pass the red led light. Try connect to pc but rig manager cannot recognize it (searching for profiler). Already make a ticket about this issue

• Hi guys, need to share here..

So my problem is not solved, then the kemper support by email suggests me to send back the unit. They give the address, ups code ect ect

But i live in indonesia, the shipping cost will be too much. So i buy another unit to give it a try. The second unit is coming today. And once again, when connect to PC, the RM ask me to updating. I hesitate to update because of my first experience, but i still need to connect to RM to setup the pedal. So i need to updating. Then i update via OTA, but same thing happened. The unit error. 6 red led. Try restore, try factory reset, try update via USB, try 4 USB. All no solution. I am getting frustated, 2 unit with the same problem

Then i try contacting kemper again, this time via their chat support (web). Now their reps suggests me to downgrade the os, he send me another kaos.bin file (not the same from their web). I try and it work! Now may kemper player working normally. Two unit, all safe. Connect to RM, no problem. I dont know what the real problem is, but this solution work. So if you have the same problem, try to downgrade

Thank you