Tip of 1/4" Plug stuck in Pedal 5 Jack of Remote

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to remove the tip of a 1/4" instrument cable plug that is stuck in the Remote jack (Pedal 5 in this case)? I went to connect the cable and noticed the end of the cable no longer had a tip just a hollow tube. Looking inside the jack I can see the tip of the connecter stuck in the jack. I guess the tip split in 2. It was a clean split so not technically a break. At any rate. It's in there pretty good and I have not been able to come up with a way to remove the tip.

Opening up the Remote I can see there are 3 sliver tabs on the underside that help secure the end of the cable once connected. They push out of the way when inserting the cable and I assume go back in place after the tip passes over them helping secure the cable in place. I can open those up a little so that they are no longer pressed against, or in the the way of, the end of the cable but the tip of the cable won't budge in the jack.

• at first i thought déjà vu, but this has come up:

"No socks? No problem."

• at first i thought déjà vu, but this has come up:

Thanks. I tried using a screw similar to the one pictured in the thread you linked but no dice after multiple tries. I then broke apart the other end of the 1/4" cable connector and found a thinner dry wall screw seemed to grab a little. Only took me about 10 seconds after that to pop the sucker out. I tested the jack and it still works fine thankfully.

What brand of cables are you using so we can avoid buying them?

It's the cheap, thin cable that came with my Moog EP-3 expression pedal. I liked the pedal enough that I bought 2 but I have had issues with both cables. The other cable just stopped working at one point and then this one the tip came off in the jack. That's 2 Moog cables now in the trash both replaced with something a little more sturdy cable wise.