Loudness/contour switch/knob ?

• Hi!

I use the KPA at home with a pair of Behringer B2031A monitors, and I find the sound perfectly
    enjoyable.

My neighbour upstairs is a charming old lady (well, my age, actually), and from times to times,
    at night, she is hitting her floor (which is my ceiling, if you are following well my story). At first I
    thought she was trying to indicate the correct tempo, but after discussing with her, it was just that
    she thought I was playing too loud -- how stupid was I.

Of course, I now turn down the master volume as the clock approaches midnight, and my neighbour
    is happy. However, while the sound I get is excellent when the master volume is at 5.0 or 6.0, it
    becomes quite flat with a master volume set to 0.2 or 0.3 -- which is, as you know, due to the fact
    that the human ear's sensitivity changes at very low volume levels. So, each time I need to take a few
    minutes to tweek the main output EQ to "improve" my sound.

Now, 40 years ago, I had on my hi-fi systems a switch (loudness, or contour), that tried to compensate
    for this phenomenon by increasing the bass and treble volume, and this was much better than nothing.
    Unfortunately, there is rarely such a thing in modern Hi-Fi equipments, and I often think this
    feature is sorely lacking.

So my request is : could we have such a knob in the output section ? You could set this feature "on"
    or "off" ; and you could set the lower level at which it has no effect (like a master volume at 5.0 in
    my case), and of course the effect would increase as you turn down the main volume -- or the master
    volume when both are not linked.

I understand that this is not of a vital importance, but I think this could be a very welcome improvement
    for all us players in their room...

Best regards.

Jean-Jacques.

• You can store different settings of the Output section. One for "Round Midnight" and one for "Daytime Rock'N'Roll". And maybe a third one for "You make me dizzy Miss Lizzy" (If that's the name of the Lady :) ).

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Yes, fretboardminer, you're right, it is an acceptable solution.
    Thanks for your answer.

(and BTW, I haven't played "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" for... dozens of years. I'll have to try that once again in my life :)

J. Jacques.