Recording software, Loops, DAW etc.

• I wanna get semi-serious (you know - I can never be totally serious!) about recording.

The problem is, I only know how to play guitar and maybe a bit of bass (and Bouzouki... don't ask!).
    So basically, I'd need a software that can produce drums, synths, bass etc. - which is easily comprehendable (I'm not the brightest bulb in the box) and pretty much idiot-proof (you know!)...

So basically I'm looking for this:

-great quality loops and sounds
    -easy to use
    -flexible (I have a lot of tunes in my head - right next to all the voices I'm hearing)
    -For Windows PC only (no pears, bananas or other fruits please)
    -Something that sort of gets me a complete tune built, and I only have to play my guitar to ruin it.
    -Musical style: modern electro, moody stuff, pseudo-elevator music, house, techno, retro-PC-chiptune stuff... I wanna marry all this with my guitar playing... (Let's just call it clown-music)

So, what r you guys using and what can you recommend for me?

Thanks in advance! 8)

• Propellerhead Reason is a good one for what you're looking for and is pretty much easy. Next time you're here I ca show you

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• +1 for Band In A Box.

I have used all kinds of stuff for background tracks.

Basically I see this options (let me know if there are others available):
    1) Create background track myself
    2) Hire some guys to create background tracks the way I like it
    3) Use Band In A Box
    4) Use any of the many great (drums only) software - and need to play the other instruments myself
    5) Use background tracks and/or drum loops
    6) Use any kind of Midi instruments
    7) Use complete backing tracks

My needs are:
    It should sound decent - and I don't want to spend weeks for one song (so #6 is out)

I like to have a full background band - not only drums (so #4 is out)

I hate static drum loops (so #5 is out)

If I like to change the tempo or key or like to insert some more breaks or whatever I can't use #7 and even #1 and #2

That's why I use BandInABox - if you know the old Midi based version - forget it - that one sounds very poor.
    The latest ones use real instruments - have a look at their webside for demo videos.
    (For any serious work the UltraPlusPAK is needed)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• btw. I use Cubase in addition:

- I create single tracks with the BandInABox software - e.g. drums, bass, piano, organ
    - export all to wave files
    - import into Cubase
    - Add my guitar tracks
    - Rerecord some BandInABox tracks later - e.g. play the bass guitar or organ myself ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de