studio monitors

• Hi fellow Kempers :D

I´m about to invest in some studio monitors for guitar playing and mixing, and I need some advice!

my eyes are set on Behringer B3030A Truth with 6,75" woofer. but are this any good for guitar playing true or should I go for Behringer B3031A with 8" woofer instead.

I´m not gonna play crazy loud, just instead playing true headphone all the time ?(

any advice are welcome :)

• For guitar sounds the 8" speakers make a big difference. Look at the iKey Audio (in my signature) as well: far better the. Behringer, IMHO, and roughly the same price

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I agree that a 8" monitor is necessary if you want to tweak your profiles for you live shows.
    I have 5" studio monitors and i don't have a good translation of the patches from the studio to the live.

• For guitar sounds the 8" speakers make a big difference. Look at the iKey Audio (in my signature) as well: far better the. Behringer, IMHO, and roughly the same price

Thanks, i can see that your iKey Audio M808 also is 6" how are they for normal bedroom playing...are your experience with 6" that they can not bring out the bass good enough for palm muting strings, and that the reason to advice me to by 8" ?(

Behringer B3030A/B3031A alway had crazy good review and value for the money compared to twice the prized other brand :D

• I agree that a 8" monitor is necessary if you want to tweak your profiles for you live shows.
    I have 5" studio monitors and i don't have a good translation of the patches from the studio to the live.

I´m not gonna trim my rigs at home for live, I play true a Mesa 2:90 and a 4x12 mesa cab with cab off so it all different rig i need for live compared to home FRFR :)

Behringer B3030A Truth are with 6,75" woofer and maybe it gonna have a little more punch than your 5" have, but i think the 8" Behringer B3031A are crazy big H=450 mm W=250 15 kg big and heavy for the table.. ?(

• Thanks for All the reply :rolleyes: but have any one played the kemper with a monitor with 6,75" woofer.
    I think the 8" model are to Big for the desktorp, but if this is so mutch better, then I Will go for the bigger ones. :thumbup:

As said before it is only for bedroom playing.. :)

• I have 6" JBL pro monitors and they sound awful w the Kemper. They work great for mixing but not for playing guitar thru. I would not recomend studio monitors for use w the Kemper. Instead try and find a good small speaker in a small cab. I'm thinking 8" or maybe for quiet, close to your ear practice, maybe a 6" or even less. Power it w a small power amp like the .22 cal. and it should sound much better than full range pro monitors w tweeters.