HighGain / Metal soundclips

• We were asked for some more heavy samples of your DARK and RECT profiles.
    Some say the KPA is great for clean and low gain stuff not so great for heavy - I can't agree :D

Playing while switching between some of the profiles from the DARK pack
    Dark Preset Switching

Here is something DEEP DARK ;)
    Drop C Sample

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 7 times, last by Armin ().

• Some profile switching while playing single notes

DARK single notes

The profiles are able to create all the combinations of the DRIVE and SHAPE knobs from the Orange Dark Terror amp.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• btw. the first two packs (Rect and Dark) are available - others will follow.

When I create a 'Metal Bundle' and anybody has purchased singe packs - then the price of the 'Metal Bundle' will be reduced for this users.
    (No need to wait for the full Metal Bundle because you want to save some bucks).

• Armin sounds like you are on the right track. However, I think you would have much better luck if you got a guitar with humbuckers, I think single coil clips with tones that are meant for high gain and heavier style tones, does kind of an injustice to your clips. Do you have someone that could do high gain metal riffing with a humbuckers equipped guitars? Just a suggestion you might consider.

• Yes, you are right for high gain or heavy sounds are guitars with humbuckers best.

All samples in normal tuning were done with an Ibanez and the ones using dropped tuning with an ESP - both of course with humbuckers - the Ibanez passive ones the ESP uses active EMG pickups.

• Ok gotcha, the recto clips just sounded single coilish to me, I was not listening through decent speakers though to be honest. I really dig the orange clips, I love the orange midrange, just had a great growl.

• May I suggest getting someone who specifically plays metal and is well versed with dialing in metal tones to do the clips? I can't tell anything from these other than the fact that whoever is playing isn't a metal guy at all and that the profile is capable of producing far more gain than is usable.

Metal is not just drop tunings, scooped midrange, and cranked gain.

• It's all a matter of taste :)

I can only show some sound examples - since my packs include SO many different profiles - to almost get the complete digital amp captured.

There should be something for each taste.

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().