Zerberus Guitars

• Was looking at guitars on eBay and ran across the Zerberus brand that is made in Germany. Considering there are a lot of folks on this forum from Germany, has anyone had any experience with these guitars? They are very untraditional looking, but oh so beautiful! And priced very nicely considering the craftmanship. How nice would it be for me to have a German made amp and guitar!

• Thank you! By the way I was also curious about your Blue Amp cab. What would the price be shipped to the US? Is it passive, or suggested to use with an external amp? I may just have to buy all German, which would make my German family proud lol.

• Was looking at guitars on eBay and ran across the Zerberus brand that is made in Germany. Considering there are a lot of folks on this forum from Germany, has anyone had any experience with these guitars? They are very untraditional looking, but oh so beautiful! And priced very nicely considering the craftmanship. How nice would it be for me to have a German made amp and guitar!

Zerberus builds very nice guitars, but they are quite expensive...

I had my custom guitar built by Unicut guitars (also in Germany). It´s a wet dream and the prices are great.

• Zerberus builds very nice guitars, but they are quite expensive...

I had my custom guitar built by Unicut guitars (also in Germany). It´s a wet dream and the prices are great.

I think for $1,750 US dollars, a custom made guitar is actually a rather modest asking price. Considering others that are of that quality would be two to three times the price.Although I'm sure the custom made to order ones would really jump in price but for the ones I have seen on eBay with the exception of the Tele hybrid are prices that I would pay if the playability meets the beautiful craftsmanship dispalyed by the pictures.

• I've got a plenty of guitars, and the two Zerberus are my favorite ones... ^^

Which ones? and how do they handle the tonal spectrum. I am looking for something akin to a Paul Reed Smith that can play all genres pretty well. If you have the Chimera, is it hard to gain access to the upper frets?

• I think for $1,750 US dollars, a custom made guitar is actually a rather modest asking price. Considering others that are of that quality would be two to three times the price.Although I'm sure the custom made to order ones would really jump in price but for the ones I have seen on eBay with the exception of the Tele hybrid are prices that I would pay if the playability meets the beautiful craftsmanship dispalyed by the pictures.

Didn´t mean to say they are not as good or anything. I really love their stuff and almost bought one. The idea for a custom guitar according to my own ideas just happened by accident. I never thought such a thing would be in my price range. So i just started collecting ideas and pics about what i wanted into a pdf file and mailed it to several guitar builders. I was really amazed when Florian Luettke from Unicut came up and said that a custom guitar starts at 1300€. So i started asking for some some extra features, like a beautifully arched spalted maple top, Schaller ruthenium hardware (wow!!!), and a piezo system + the according preamp and Häussel pickups. Even with all that it stayed under 2000€. The quality is flawless...

Here is short vid i made as a kind of "thank you" to the builder...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcli0Rvr5A

I have to say that this whole process was probably the coolest thing ever, closely followed by the KPA.... :)

• These Zerberus guitar from eBay are made in Korea - only designed in Germany.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, he builds some in Germany - but not for 1500Euro.

The Chimaira (which looks great IMHO) and the Hydra II are build in Korea.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Didn´t mean to say they are not as good or anything. I really love their stuff and almost bought one. The idea for a custom guitar according to my own ideas just happened by accident. I never thought such a thing would be in my price range. So i just started collecting ideas and pics about what i wanted into a pdf file and mailed it to several guitar builders. I was really amazed when Florian Luettke from Unicut came up and said that a custom guitar starts at 1300€. So i started asking for some some extra features, like a beautifully arched spalted maple top, Schaller ruthenium hardware (wow!!!), and a piezo system + the according preamp and Häussel pickups. Even with all that it stayed under 2000€. The quality is flawless...

Here is short vid i made as a kind of "thank you" to the builder...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBcli0Rvr5A

I have to say that this whole process was probably the coolest thing ever, closely followed by the KPA.... :)

That is a beauty! :thumbup: