Output Clip Monitor Vs Main

• I have a two part question.

1.) I have some output clipping on may rigs using my JP6 and Les Paul (both HB). I have tried the clean sense decrease and it still shows some hints of light red on heavier attacks. My Dist. is 0 and clean is now 2.5. I tried 0 and it was the same result. If I plug into the main output instead of monitor output it appears to diminish. The problem is that I use the monitor out so I can control my monitor volume using the master volume knob on stage and leave the FOH volume constant.....which brings me to question 2..

2.) When I plugged the 1/4" into the main instead of the monitor the tone was slightly different. I have everything on as far as the rig-cabinet on both outputs.

Any help would be appreciated.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Lower the volume or the cab volume 'till the output led stays on green and then raise the master volume if necessary.

For question 2 you have eq for the monitor out in the Master menu

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The cab volumes are set at 0 for me. I have the master at -15db (main setting under system) so it allows the FOH some headroom. I can't increase the master as I use it for my monitor. The eq's are flat so the tone qualities should be the same from both outputs. I like them set identical so I hear what the audience hears. I use an FRFR for my monitor. If I want any eq change I change it at the amp level so it carries to all outputs identically.

• Doesn't matter where the volume is set, if it is clipping the output you need to decrease it. You have a dedicated volume for the monitor out in the Master menu (you can also un-link it from the master volume). The monitor out EQ ist there to make the stage sound pleasant for you, even if you would use exactly the same boxes for stage and audience you would anyway have different sounds due to room and position of the speakers, that's why Main and Monitor out do have separate global eq: to compensate for it. The tools are there, don't be shy to use them

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I got the master volume and rig volume concept. I noted that I'm using the master volume knob to increase or decrease my stage volume (monitor) so it is not linked to the FOH volume. I noted the main volume which is under the system settings where you can link and unlink monitor etc. I have decreased that because my overall level going to the FOH was a little hot so it was lowered.

The question is what will make the output clip?

I've tried clean/dist and it seems to not matter. I did notice the clipping goes away for the most part if I'm not plugged into the monitor out.

• Not sure why this should affect the monitor and main outputs differently but with regards to the clipping, I've experienced a few problems like this as well with the input ok but the output light clipping. Have you looked through to check if any of the pre or post pedals/EQ setting have their volumes increased? I've found in a few profiles that I've downloaded where (e.g) a post delay or reverb has a + 2.00 on their volume, usually on the last page of the effect sub menu, so it's easily missed. If a few other stomps have been set like this it all adds up... Just a thought.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• Im sure Im missing something but quoting from the ADDENDUM 1.5 pdf, I read this...... "Alternatively,
    you can switch off the cabinet in the STACK section; this will bypass the virtual cabinet for all outputs."
    ANy idea how I can do this as when I open the STACK button, there is only the option to rename the profile. Any help would help. Thanks.

• BTW: Pls. unlock the bold! No need to boost your writing output :D

Its my personal preference when I communicate. I do it in speech as well. Its not important to the context of the subject in question.

• Its my personal preference when I communicate. I do it in speech as well. Its not important to the context of the subject in question.

Too many loud sessions? :D I was just kidding.

• Careful Guitarnet... check out Rossgun's profile... he has references from SWAT magazines on his site!!!
    I'd say anyone who sells delux leather holsters for concealed weapons can be as bold as they like 8)

Good to have you here Rossgun.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Too many loud sessions? :D I was just kidding.

Alls good no problem. I wasnt antagonistic I hope. Like Mr Nugent my too loud sessions in the past have blanketed my hearing somewhat and my brain as well it seems. I dig all of you guys and you have made this forum what it is. Only the Kemper counts....................... From the edge of the planet down here ....... cheers!

• Careful Guitarnet... check out Rossgun's profile... he has references from SWAT magazines on his site!!!
    I'd say anyone who sells delux leather holsters for concealed weapons can be as bold as they like 8)

Good to have you here Rossgun.

...check the logo on my KPA skin... ;)8)

Rossgun: nice to have you here! :thumbup:

• *Takes a closer look at logo* Ooooh yeah... Good grief, it's like a Ted Nugent society in here...

But coming from England let me tell you we are plenty dangerous here don't you worry... with our er hot tea and er frightful weather.

Let me tell you, Ted wouldn't wanna go bare chested hunting with arrows around my parts... (donbarzini alert) 8|

• Been around there "hunting" with some good chaps from Hereford in the old days...beer was good... ;)

• Back to the original question. I have noticed some of the rigs had eq and others with volume values but the answer is adjusting the system output volumes (if keeping the rig volumes consistent). They were just hitting Orangr but now appear under control.

• Master volume is not supposed to have any influence on the output clipping, it should be after the D/A.....

• The master volume knob does not. What I'm talking about I'd under the outpu button there are volume settings this is where you can make that adjustment to every source which is why my monitor was clipping but my mains were not. You adjust your main, monitor and headphones. Worked lovely.