Librarian/Editor NOW!!!!!

• After taking advantage of the Black Friday specials on commercial profiles I can now state that the NUMBER ONE priority for the Kemper is a librarian/editor. Loading, restoring, shuffling and auditioning over a thousand profiles via USB stick is frustrating. I can live without the foot controller for now. I don't even need the built in power amp just yet. I'm just wrestling with data that begs to be handled by my Mac Pro.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

• +0.5 :)
    I have only 60 profiles after my last update, since I try to be as selective as possible.
    I'd like to have an editor-librarian, but i'm giving more priority to the foot controller, to the aliasing fix, to the 48kHz option and to more fx.
    By the way i'm with you ;)

• This is probably the most requested feature so far hopefully Christoph will make one soon. Has Christoph even confirmed he will make a Librarian/Editor ? The Kempers progress seems very slow but all that could change fast. Non of us know whats being worked on and whats around the corner

• I'm I'm the same boat. Bought multiple bundles and actually had to clear all of my old rigs off to just fit the new bundles. I understand that getting your profiles below 1000 in the current and last betas is due to upcoming enhanced features. Not sure what these features will be but this is my only real frustration with the Kemper. Of course 1000 profiles is... a bunch but given the sharing/social aspect this was going to happen but i'm still surprised that we've reached this limit.

I replaced an 11r with the KPA and being able to connect it to a computer and quickly up/download patches is the one thing its got on the Kemper. Just seems like this should have been part of the equation on release - my 2 cents.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• big +1 from me.
    Also coming from a 11R and although you had to open PT to get the editor, at least you could tweak it from the computer.

I do love the intuitive way you can change things on the kpa, but i also would like a way to easily import, change and tweak profiles from my computer.

• This issue has been discussed practically since the beginning. Kemper did not probably expect the userbase they have now. They did not know the typical guitar players... ROTFL ... and probably did not expect their machine to have success as a "generic" modeller (I mean, everyday use outside the professional recording studios).

Once I wrote the KPA had not been designed with the typical guitar player in mind. I've been criticized for this (luckily not the way it happens elsewhere... :P), but nothing has proven me false till now.
    Not bashing the unit of course, nor implying bad faith from Kemper: just a matter of fact.
    Many users will say (and have said) they're not missing a librarian, but many others are, and this is the point IMO. Even tho the KPA's original target was different, I believe Kemper are now adjusting the targeting. They have just been wrongfooted :D
    Anyway, at least a librarian has been announced by Eng. Kemper :thumbup:

• After taking advantage of the Black Friday specials on commercial profiles I can now state that the NUMBER ONE priority for the Kemper is a librarian/editor. Loading, restoring, shuffling and auditioning over a thousand profiles via USB stick is frustrating. I can live without the foot controller for now. I don't even need the built in power amp just yet. I'm just wrestling with data that begs to be handled by my Mac Pro.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Actually this has been asked since the early days. Take a look to this thread:

KPA Editor

• Once I wrote the KPA had not been designed with the typical guitar player in mind. I've been criticized for this (luckily not the way it happens elsewhere... :P), but nothing has proven me false till now.

Possibly Kemper has been called a lot of things, but I don't think 'Crassly Stupid' is one of them :D I think they're quite aware of the needs of musicians with the Kemper and the Virus. I'm not bashing you at all, but I'm guessing to keep the unit affordable while developing challenging brand new technologies, probably has required some strict prioritizing of resources. Just a guess..... but, I'm anxious to get the editor too :thumbup:

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I see where you're coming from! But it's not necessary to be crassly stupid, as you wrote (LOL), to aim at a target and discover that the actual target is different or starts using your product in a different way! There're several such examples in history (not sure how this translates... oh well), it has already happened :)

And, BTW, I do believe that every single programmable product aimed at musicians and gifted with patches should hit the market with a librarian from the very beginning (with the exception maybe of some low-memory pedal).
    Not doing so because you focus (hence your budget, R&D hours, crew etc.) has been on the product is a mistake, in the same way a musician spends all their budget for an expensive modeller-profiler-synth and plays it back through a crappy home stereo, complaining for the sound.

What I'm saying is that the overall perceived performance depends on a balance of factors, not on who's got the biggest toy. Proof being the number of people who are keeping themselves from buying the KPA because there's no dedicated pedalboard, editor, librarian and whatever (include me in the number!). Note I'm not justifying them, just describing the way market is shaped from my perspective.

That's why I think Kemper had just aimed at a different target: because the studio engineer who keeps 30-40 rigs for each of their clients in a different USB stick\HD\cloud wouldn't probably need a librarian nor a pedalboard to be efficient.

Again, this is not to bash Kemper or the KPA: just a friendly discussion on the state of the things :)

• it is obvious that a editor will be released at some point. be patient.

making a thread like this 'demanding' the kemper team to prioritize on working on it is plain silly, imo.

• it is obvious that a editor will be released at some point. be patient.

making a thread like this 'demanding' the kemper team to prioritize on working on it is plain silly, imo.

Okay...my bad:

Librarian/Editor LATER!!!!!!

:evil: