New Kemper On The Way, Help Me Get Off To A Good Start

• Surely an FRFR cab is only important if you want to keep cab sims ON? I intend to run mine with cab sims off into my Matrix power amp and regular guitar cabinets. Anything wrong with this?

Yes, sorry, I messed up in my description... If using FRFR cab, keep on, if using normal cab, turn off.... OOPS :)

• Is it a good idea to run the KPA into a small mixer, to the studio monitors rather than the KPA straight into the studio monitors? What would be the pros and cons of using a mixer? I'm only playing in my music room.

• The KPA has got enough power and tone controls, no need for further devices. The mixer's output is comparable with the KPA's (level, impedance).

If the rig chain is just one-line (KPA-monitors) there's no use in this, except maybe because some headphones may sound better from the mixer than from the KPA.
    As cons, consider the incremented noise floor and signal loss, the further hardware needed (cable, power supply), and having to switch on one more device when you want to play. :)