Effects Loop Return Input Distorted/Digital Static

• Yeah, that's unfortunate. It sounds like it could be a recall since it's obviously happening to more than one unit. I would report your DSP dates here just in case it helps support isolate the issue to a particular batch of units. :(

Really glad I found it the first day so I could send it back and get a new one so quickly. I've used mine for a few gigs now with the effects loop on every patch and this unit works great (knock on wood).

J

• Is it a three year warrentee or 4 I got mine from DV 247 UK. I know it says 4 year on web site
    But what is the manufactuer warrentee

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• Just checked mine. Had it for almost a year.. purchased from sweetwater around March last year. I never checked the loop so I figured I should try. Plugged in a patch cable from direct out to return, activated input and it sounds perfect. No issues with this whiteface. :)

• I've had this too. I run the stereo effects loop and put a few different pedals from Strymon and a Boomerang looper in it. There isn't any distortion effects causing it with those pedals but I'm wondering if a buffer or something causes it. I have solved the problem by holding down the slot button for the loop and decreasing the levels until the problem is gone. I'm not in front of mine right now but it was a fairly significant decrease (not sure if i turned down the send, return or both but i did experiment to minimize overall volume loss) which can be overcompensated by turning up the master volume a little.

I can see this being more problematic however before the amp stack if you are forced to hit the stack with a lignter signal than you want but I haven't used mine there yet. In that case I would try to adjust the pedals output to see if it helps - if that's an option.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• On mine I tried everything, including just a patch cable straight from the direct out to the return input and the distortion was still present.

I sent my original unit back and got a replacement. No problems with the new one. Support said it was a hardware issue so, not fixable without a visit to a repair shop.

You will know if it's there or not--it's very present and nothing will make it go away--other than disabling the loop and never trying to profile an amp.

J

• Sorry for the bump guys but I think my unit has this issue too :(

Tried to run my GSP 1101 in the loop and all I got was horrible digital clipping/distortion, trying to isolate the issue, I also ran a tuner pedal in the loop and I got the same problem.

Just to follow up on this: issue lies with the alternate TRS input, Kemper has been sent back for repair.

• Hello Sam,

Can you elaborate on what the problem is? Not sure I understand your "Alternate TRS input" explanation.
    My KPA suffers from the problem but for now I don't have a need to use the loop so the repair can wait.

Thanks.

• Hello Sam,

Can you elaborate on what the problem is? Not sure I understand your "Alternate TRS input" explanation.
    My KPA suffers from the problem but for now I don't have a need to use the loop so the repair can wait.

Thanks.

Sorry, TRS was the wrong term, I meant the "jack" alternate input, the one next to the XLR. KPA support got me to set up a blank patch with the stereo loop switched on, then plug my guitar into each of the alternate inputs to find which one was faulty, you will hear the massive amounts of clipping/distortion once you plug into the faulty one :)