strange ray gun sound

• hi everyone
    so i just bought andy's goldfinger profile and really dig it but there something strange happening when i turn on all the fx then strum an open chord
    it then produce somekind of sci-fi laser that stop me from playing .
    does anyone hv the same problem as i did?
    FW 1.5.4 release

• I am not sure what you experienced is the same as what I got, but I did find a couple of profiles making strange sound (noise) like in sci-fi effects when played. What I just found is one of those great TAF profiles that were recently released for free. Go to "TAF-Hello 1980z", turn off both Chorus and EQ, and try strumming. The sound distorts into weird ray gun sound. Turn the EQ on, then the sound comes back to normal... Does anybody else have the same issue? I am on FW 1.5.2, BTW.

Jake

• Can't remember the rig, think it was one of Andy's freebies, had the same Sci Fi sound happen to me...it has something to do with the Phaser in Stomp D position...I removed the Phaser entirely from the rig.

• Does it sound like Steve Stevens "ray gun effect"? You can hear it at the end of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell", AFAIK he achieves it using some modulation effect like a chorus or flanger and it's a fairly sought after thing :)

• Can't remember the rig, think it was one of Andy's freebies, had the same Sci Fi sound happen to me...it has something to do with the Phaser in Stomp D position...I removed the Phaser entirely from the rig.

yeah, it happened here too,it stop when i turn off the phaser in D position stomp.