Old Program Change Map remains after Restoring different Amps

• Hi everybody and thanks for your help so far.
    I created a backup containing no profiles (I deleted all of the Rigs off of the USB drive via Windows. I took that USB drive and plugged it in the Kemper and restored the backup. Worked great. A clean slate. What I didn't notice until I loaded some newer backups is that the Program Map names remained the same as the older backup not reflecting the new programs loaded. The only way I could make it work is by manually (in System) assigning the newer programs to the numbers overwriting the patchnames (that no longer existed) in the KPA.
    Any button presses or resets that may fix this?
    Thanks

• It shouldn't affect anything unless I'm missing something. Since you are starting over, any new midi assigns using the same PC# will replace old ones and unused but incorrecty displayed entries will not matter. I may be completely off , but by my way of thinking, it has to work that way with a restore of a backup that had midi assigns yet deleted corresponding rigs. A complete reset to factory default would clear the midi map.

(Yay....my 200th post!)

bd

• Hi,

Some months ago, while writing a tag editor in python for my mac, i noticed that at the root of a backup, there is a file called MidiAssignments.xml (or something like this) that contains midi program changes.

when deleting all rigs from the backup, this .xml file should also be deleted(when existing)

By the way, I personally have several MidiAssignments.xml files corresponding to several configurations I may use ( rock, heavy, pop). I use this file to
    arrange rigs the way i want, some kind of personal performance mode.

It is a text file so that it can be modified provided that the xml syntax is respected.

Cheers,
    Laurent

Laurent

Edited once, last by GuyTarero ().

• So are you saying you can edit midi assignment numbers off the kemper on your Mac as I have been asking this question and got a no you can't do it. Could it be done on a PC.

• You can modify this file on your PC/Mac but you need to :

- first perform a backup of the kpa
    - edit this backup to extract the existing MidiAssignments.xml file ,
    - modify this file
    - replace the old one by the modified one.
    - save the backup
    - restore it to the kpa.

As you can see it is not a plug and play thing.

If there is no existing MidiAssignments.xml in the backup, it is necessary to perform (by hand) at least one program change assignment so that a file will be created. Then you can edit , modify it.

Each data line of this file lokks like the following one :

<slot num="12" name="">{DOCUMENTS}/KemperAmp/Rigs/Fischers Xtacy5 - 2011-10-07 17-01-10.kipr</slot>

num="..." contains the slot or program number
    name="..." contains the path to the corresponding rig(here, "Fischers Xtacy5 - 2011-10-07 17-01-10.kipr")

I hope this can help,
    Laurent

Laurent