Poweramp retro fit discussion...

• Hi!

Is there any info released yet relating to the retro fit options for us early adopters?

specifically price, time it takes from sending your Kemper to getting it back, and shiping?

Lets face it, the lunchbox is not the lightest product in the world relative to shipping cost weights. (Its light though for everyday use though).
    But in shipping terms, its considered a heavy product, mainly so the post office can justify the cost, but it is what it is I guess.

Now heres my concern about the retro fit option.
    I love my Kemper, and as such, I am going to be damn well sure I protect it while its in transit. As a result, I bought myself a
    Thon carry case specifically for the Kemper:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/thon_…_kemper_profiling_amp.htm

now this adds a considerable amount of weight to the unit. So to send this back to Germany, its going to cost me at least over e100 to send it to Germany!!
    Will Kemper acknowledge our early support with a special discounted price or something similar?

Im just wondering, as I've no doubt that to send it for other users will cost them even more! :)

• I would love to do it myself, but judging from what I've paid for my KPA (US$ 3,000, and it was a bargain), I'm afraid the amp is out of my reach for a while unless I sell a kidney. But I'd still like to know what are the required skills for installing it, I build my own pedals and fix my own amps and rack units so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, given I'm allowed to perform the install myself ;)