Interesting effect while using "Loop Distortion"

• I've been using a rack tray with analog pedals in front of my KPA which has sounded great but I've always wanted my wah wah (KPA wah) in front of my analog pedals. After figuring out how to use the "Loop Distortion" I'm really happy with how well it works! My wah wah sounds perfect now before my OD pedals! I just have one interesting thing happening. When I have the "Loop Distortion" on there's a noise gate in effect even though there isn't a noise gate in the stomp section and the main noise gate on the front panel is turned off. It works pretty good too! In a way I don't mind it as I get a noise gate with out having to use a stomp slot, it feels like a 2:1 gate. When I turn the "Loop Distortion" stomp slot off there is no gate. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing.

I'm using 1.6 beta firmware which is working nicely for me. ;)

Edited once, last by Leroy ().

• No one has noticed any gating while using the "Distortion Loop" with pedals? I was doing a bit of tweaking and noticed that if I switch it to "Mono Loop" or "Stereo Loop" the gating is gone... ?(

• Yeah, it makes it difficult to do volume pedal/knob swells when your delay and reverb are cut off by it (I use external effects through the loop). :cursing:

J

I am experiencing the same thing. There has got to be a way to adjust or turn the gate off while useing this loop function. Can anyone at Kemper please advise?

• What is weird is that it is fine when I use the volume pedal in the loop but if I use the volume pedal or volume knob in front of the Kemper it cuts off even if you turn the knob down a little bit. I'm talking about the delay and reverb trails, not the amp sound.

J

• What is weird is that it is fine when I use the volume pedal in the loop but if I use the volume pedal or volume knob in front of the Kemper it cuts off even if you turn the knob down a little bit. I'm talking about the delay and reverb trails, not the amp sound.

J

Interesting... I'm going to play with the clean sense and see if that helps me out. I really think that all gates should be adjustable and programmable. I don't like a gate on all the time especially when playing clean.