ERROR: unable to mount USB device

• Hi

Today i wanted to install the 1,6 version. But during the installing the kemper had a problem and know i can do nothing. All the time "he says":

Booting &burning from USB device
    RETRY: retrying mount of device
    RETRY: retrying mount of device
    ERROR: unable to mount USB device

I try to reboot with USB in or without, or with an older version in the USB. (the usb is new and i could install the 1,6 beta 2 day before with any problem)

Any idee what to do?

thx

Gibson Standard 1994, LTD EC-100 VB, Ibanez SR505, ENGL Savage 120

• No, just wait and hope that he will start normally

• Copy the Kaoss.bin file in the root directory of another USB (FAT32 formatted), press and hold together the <page> keys and boot to tuner. This should fix it. After succesfull boot format the old key on a computer before to use it again

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• hmmm not sure if i understand all , but what if i don't have an other usb formated?

• Is it possible to restore the KPA as new like when i bought it? Don't matter if i lose all.

• hmmm not sure if i understand all , but what if i don't have an other usb formated?

I think something went wrong with your USB key, that's why. You can first try to reformat it and put the Kaoss.bin file in it, then follow the procedure I described

Is it possible to restore the KPA as new like when i bought it? Don't matter if i lose all.

First you need to boot it....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok i understabd, but know my problem, i don0t have an other USB formated and i can't do an other because when i start my KEMPER he automaticly bug at the start. Maybe someone coul send me a USB stick so i can fix it. i'm right?

• Just get hold of the smallest, cheapest USB key that you can find, format it on your PC and then follow what I written before.

• Ok, i try this but didn't worked.

he says:
    ERROR: unable to locate firmware file on USB device.

• it worked! :D

Not because i didn't unzip but because i just unzip the folder. I tried to put the files from the folder direct in usb and it works.

Thanks a lot for your help Dr.Guitarnet70 !

• Ho, and can you just explain me how i can get my KPA totally as if he would be new with the version 1.6 and all new fx ? i didn't find how to do it (sorry to be so noob :S )

• Hello!
    I had the same story and the kemper didnt start at all.
    Idea to copy files to usb main directory succeed! By the way if file "kaos" is in "os update" folder I had only errors.

Thank you very much! :)

Anatoly

• Hello!
    I had the same story and the kemper didnt start at all.
    Idea to copy files to usb main directory succeed! By the way if file "kaos" is in "os update" folder I had only errors.

Thank you very much! :)

Anatoly

Every time?
    The normal update procedure still is putting the kaos in the update folder.
    Try re-formatting the USB in your Kemper first.