May have found out why I'm having midi problems with GCP

• OK...I just noticed this while getting my rig together for my gig tomorrow.

I was having a problem with turning effects/stomps on/off using a GCP. I noticed tonight the following:

I have 4 presets for the bottom row...they are as follows:

1 - acoustic/clean
    2 - crunch/mid gain rhythm
    3 - heavy rhythm
    4 - lead

I have things set up so the GCP remembers the state of the Kemper. For example, I have delay on at all times on each preset so when I go from preset to preset, IA switch 8 is always on. No problems there.

Now...when I am on, let's say, preset 2 and I turn on IA switch 6 for flanger, it turns on...

Then, without turning off the flanger, I switch to preset 3 which already has the flanger in switch 6 off. If I then try to turn it on in this new preset, it doesn't turn on in the Kemper because the Kemper remembers it being on with the previous preset last.

My question is....how do I program all this so that when I switch presets, the Kemper starts fresh...if that makes sense?

• It sounds like you have the stomps on the Kemper locked. If that's the case I think you'll need to unlock the stomps and program each rig with the stomps you want but set them each to "off". That way when you change to that rig both the GCP and the Kemper will have the stomps off.

Brian

• It sounds like you have the stomps on the Kemper locked. If that's the case I think you'll need to unlock the stomps and program each rig with the stomps you want but set them each to "off". That way when you change to that rig both the GCP and the Kemper will have the stomps off.

Brian

I don't think they're locked. I also have stomps that stay on all the time no matter the preset.

• I don't think they're locked. I also have stomps that stay on all the time no matter the preset.

I see. If they're not locked but they're on all the time I think the rig was saved with the stomps on. In that case you can either save those GCP presets with those stomps on (if that's possible) or save the Kemper rigs with the stomps off. You want to end up with the on/off state of the stomps in the GCP preset matching that of the associated KPA rig. For example, if the KPA rig has stomp A, X and Mod saved "on" the corresponding GCP preset should have those buttons saved "on" as well. I don't know if that's possible with the GCP. I have a FCB1010 and that's how I set it up.

Brian