Stereo Loop Always Active

• I just received my Eventide Pitchfactor and hooked it up to the KPA:

KPA Direct Out --> PF Input
    PF Outs --> KPA Aux Input and KPA Return.

It worked great for the rig I was in, then I switched to another rig that wasn't configured for a loop, and the PF was still active. Even with an effect in the both the X and MOD slots (and active), the PF is in play. Anyone have a clue about this? ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Neither the MOD slot nor the EFFECTS block are locked.

In some ways it's kind of cool, since I have an active stereo loop and can still use both the X and MOD slots with whatever I choose.

• Check the new Aux Input volume feature. If its not set to 0 then it will mix whatever is in the loop return. When the stereo loop is enabled, it overrides the Aux Loop and inserts the loop return in whatever slot you have it setup. When stereo loop is off, aux input takes over if its volume is not 0.

bd

• I'll mess around with it some more tonight. It seemed like the sound was different with the rig having the loop defined vs. the one that didn't. That could be due to the settings for the volume, etc. Remember, when it's just using the input there are no controls for mix and volume (though the aux input volume might work for this partly).

• So here's what I found. If you set the Aux In volume above zero, then anything plugged into that slot will come through your mix. It's just the one input, so won't be stereo. If you're using a stereo loop, then you really need to set the aux in volume to zero, or when you attempt to turn off the stereo loop you'll still get half of it. This could still be used to advantage, however. If you have a stomp effect you want to put after the stack, set it up as though it's a mono loop, using the aux in. Set the aux in volume appropriately, then control the effect from the stomp itself. This will leave you both the X and MOD selections within the KPA.