profiling problem

• I have an AT2020 mic needing phantom power - I'm using a line 6 toneport UX2 to provide that phantom power. When I attempted to create my 1st profile, I found that the Return Input (or Alternative input) seemed to be not functioning correctly for me - although the analog output (line level signal) of the UX2 is properly adjusted (no clipping, distortion, etc) and sounds great when going directly to the input of my power amp + speakers, when I connect it to the Return Input (or Alternative Input) of my KPA, a sound like a 60 cycle hum noise is generated - none of the original signal content is there at all - just a continuous 60Hz type sound - I've adjusted levels of the reference amp (of the 60Hz sound, lol) to the KPA - no help; I've set the ground loop switches as sugested- no help (I've also switched out the cables too - no help) ... any ideas as to what i might be doing wrong? ... thx ....

PS: I'm using software ver 1.6.0

Update: Strangely enough, the problem seems to have solved itself (?) - I rebooted, then plugged in an alternative audio source (it seemed to work) into the KPA Return Input - then replaced the alternative audio source with the UX2 output into the KPA Return Input and all seems to be well - .... hmmm, strange, weird, and bizarre, lol ....

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com

Edited once, last by rickbarda ().

• Thanks Deny - I just might check it out, as my current approach is somewhat Rube Goldberg-ish, lol ... thx for the suggestion! ...

-Rick

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com