Playing through Backline

• Hi!

From time to time we have to play in venues without a powerful pa. It is often the case, that the guitarsound comes directly from the guitar cab pointed to the crowd and not from a mic'ed guitar cabinet.
    How does the Kemper work in such a setting? Would it be better to connect the kemper to a poweramp and then to one or more guitar cabinets or can I use a pair of active speakers (like Behringer b212d) pointing towards the crowd?

Thx for any feedback!

• Well, my personal opinion is:
    If you're on a budget, a cheapish solution with a poweramp + guitar speaker (like going into the return of a Fender Mustang III for example) will sound DEFINITELY BETTER than some crappy low budget PA speakers.
    FWIW, with the KPA's cabdriver feature almost any poweramp/guitar speaker solution will sound decent if not awesome.
    Bad PA speakers OTOH can theoretically ruin your KPA experience though.

• If money is not a problem the best option would be IMO one or two Atomic CLR. Because an FRFR cabinet sounds best with a digital simulator, and because the CLRs diffuse the sound much widerly and coherently than any other FRFR I'm aware of.
    With a guitar cab the issue is that front audience get a laserbeam in their brain, and the side ones get a very diferent sound.
    If using a diferent FRFR model, things would be better with a stereo or dual mono solution for widening your sound front.

:)