Pink Floyd Pulse Comfortably Numb Solo Profile

• Greetings,

I am a new but enthusiastic KPA user. I know Gilmour's late tones are sought after and The Amp Factory profiles do a great job in nailing the basics of various Gilmour tones. I have heavily modified the Comfortably Numb Solo profile to somewhat nail the Pulse tone. The playing is not alright, I am well aware of that, but any feedback would be welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/taha-bilge/comf-numb-pulse-solo

You may ask what I modified in the original profile. First, I used the treble booster before Big Muff and a lead booster after Big Muff to shave the harshness of the Muff. I increased clarity in the amp section to not lose the Hiwatt dynamics. I did some eq'ing to tweak the ~ 2.0 khz midrange. The rest is delay and reverb.

Thanks!

p.s. I realized that this post belongs to the commercial profiles section. Sorry, but this is how first posts go

:)

Edited once, last by csscp ().

• Nice one, I like that tone. Where you monitoring yourself from DAW? Sounds like the guitar and the BT are offset...you can still sync both tracks if it is the case.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey folks,

Thanks for the appreciation. However, I can't upload the rig as it's a modified version of Anderson's Hiwatt DR 103 profile. But I could share the stompbox and EQ details once I got back home.

(I know this post doesn't belong to the this section, but it was a first post

:)

)

• Nice one, I like that tone. Where you monitoring yourself from DAW? Sounds like the guitar and the BT are offset...you can still sync both tracks if it is the case.

Yes, I monitored myself from the DAW. I realized the little offset, too, in my second try. Thanks for noticing it!

• That´ll do nicely sir! ;)

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• Here are the settings on the profile.

The chain starts with a compressor (intensity 7, attack 5, squash 2)
    Followed by the treble booster (tone 0.5, volume 0.5)
    Muffin (drive 0.8, tone -1.3, vol 0)
    Lead booster (all settings 0)
    Amp hiwatt dr103 (clarity 8.8, tube shape 7.5, tube bias 2.8) - Anderson's Hiwatt DR103 profile
    Cabinet (high shift 0.3)
    Eq (2.2 khz +2.0 db)
    Free delay (600 ms, 60% mix, 45% feedback, no modulation)
    Hall reverb (35% mix, time 5.3, damping 3, predelay 200 ms)

Edited once, last by csscp ().

• I agree with the rest - very nice work. Playing sounded very good to me too.

I'll have to try those settings sometime. Thanks for sharing!

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I just tried those settings on the original Amp Factory profile (which I fortunately own) and it sounds quite nice - much duller though than in csscp´s take (or the original)
    I tinkered with treble boost and amp eq a bit and quite happy with the end results!

KUDOS again to csscp for sharing!
    8)

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• I just tried those settings on the original Amp Factory profile (which I fortunately own) and it sounds quite nice - much duller though than in csscp´s take (or the original)
    I tinkered with treble boost and amp eq a bit and quite happy with the end results!

I am glad that the settings worked for you!

I forgot to mention the amp EQ settings in my previous post. I keep the mid, treble, and presence knobs at around 10 am, 1 pm, 1 pm, respectively. My guitar is a little bit mid-driven, so you might not need to cut the mids as much as I do.

• Yeah thx for the hint. I wanted to PM you with another suggestion, but this is not possible - pity, but thanks again! ;)

Groucho Marx

• Yeah thx for the hint. I wanted to PM you with another suggestion, but this is not possible - pity, but thanks again!

I changed my privacy settings to accept PMs, I want to hear your suggestion.

• Hmmm - PM System says otherwise! Still not able to püost you a PM

Oh, the forum interface is a bit unintuitive. This time it should work though. (I tried to PM you but you don't seem to accept PMs as well :) ).