How to use Stereo FX return AND Stereo AUX in at the same time?

• Hi all,

I have the problem having a Line6 M9 in the hardware loop integrated into the KPA signal chain which send back stereo effect signals. I have plugged it into the return AND the alternative return which is the second channel to be stereo.

To jam at home I use the new AUX in function and there are now my 2 problems. Because CK is using the same input section for any inputs, I cant switch on and off the hardware loop with my assigned stomp on the KPA because the open "AUX IN" volume in the output settings always have the return open and as long as the M9 is delivering signal it is in the KPA signal chain.

Second problem. How to get 2 stereo in options when I just have two 6,5mm mono input jacks for M9 and one XLR input jack for the Aux in. The information I need (because i need to buy or build a cable to investigate and test) is the xlr input stereo? With other words, can I build a cable from my aux device to the xlr in stereo configuration to solve the connectivity problem? If yes, I am just still having the open aux in problem :(

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• You can't do it, either you have a stereo loop either you use the aux in. XLR (mono, BTW) is the same input as the 1/4. At best get yourself a small mixer, they are quite cheap and they are handy if you want to profile with multiple mics.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You can run both Aux In and Stereo Loop. I do. You need a way to directly mute your effects when not needed. The Stere o Loop enabled overrides the Aux In. If you enable Stereo Loop in X slot and set the mix to 0, it should mute the external loop effects. Try it and see.

Another idea....If your effects unit has midi and you are using a foot controller, you could set your effects unit tothe same channel as the kpa so they both change patches together. Program Patch1 on your effects and set the kpa so PC#1 changes to the corresponding rig.

Another idea......is to assign a midi command to mute the output of your effects when you don't want them. There are probably some other ideas others can suggest.

bd

• guitarnet 70,

musicman65 is right ... we have 3 plugs free to feed the KPA. my question was how to do both in stereo? Is the XLR in stereo? I guess no... as guitarnet70 mentioned its the same as the alternative input! right?

the idea to have a loop with X mix "0" is cool ... i try it... this means it is inversible ... stop on means external FX muted .. FX off means external FX on... ;)

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• Lippi,

Guitarnet is correct. There is only one input feed for stereo with 3 ways to route it....pre-amp, pre-effects (stereo loop in A, B, C, D or X) or post effects Aux Input)

bd

• I am using a Zoom multi effects pedal board G9.2tt with the direct send of the kemper ( set to git studio ) going to the zoom input and then two output sends right & left coming back from the zoom to the kemper , left into return input & rignt into alternative input. This way the zoom is always in the signal chain and I can control how much effect it has by using it's volume pedal so I can blend it to get an amazing scope of sounds from nothing to all on and a thousand sounds in between.