Are there any single universally good cabinet profiles?

• Hey there!

Since when i've bought the Kemper i've been really satisfied by its "through the cab" tone. After making some comparison between the tone of the KPA with and without its inner cabinet profile i came across a problem that i need to solve in order to achieve the best studio tone out of the box.

Actually it sounds way better when plugged in my cabinet (a custom one with V30 speakers) than when connected to my studio monitor and with the cabinet emulation.
    I've tested lots of different cabinet from other profiles and didn't find anything so close to the real thing to satisfy me. It sounds good, but it hasn't the headroom and the punch of the v30s.

Are there any good and realistic cabinet profiles on the net? I've tested till's one and i actually use the "Mars 1960" one, that still not sounding so good as i want it's way better than any mesa's and orange's profiles.

(I mostly play metalcore/hardcore/mathcore)

• You are comparing apple to oranges, the mic'd cab emulation of the Kemper cannot sound like your "cab in the room". You should compare your cab mic'd in another room through the same studio monitors with the ones from the Kemper. If you compare them like that then I suggest you to use Till's cab collection and you'll be happy (just make a search in the forum)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I believe you should evaluate how transparent your monitors (and your room) are. Provided that Davide's right about the "amp in the room" issue, the most linear cab gifted with a high dinamics at the right volume gets really close to an "amp in the room".

If you need to check this fact, if you have time try and take your KPA to a pro audio store, and have it play through a couple of 6,000 bucks monitors. This will give you the right reference point in terms of what the KPA can do for you.
    If you (and your studio room) can afford that, a couple of CLRs as a mid-field monitoring system would probably change your life.