EHX Magnum 44 to blame?

• so I got a magnum 44 and am playing the kemper w/o cab sims into the magnum into my Marshall 1936bx w/ g12h-30

everything sound kinda trebly, no warmth
    I've been told to get a real power amp (matrix etc..)
    everyone agree?

I am waiting for Kemper's power amp so that I can get it installed into the back......
    thought the magnum could tie me over, but the tone just doesn't sound great to me

also, should I use vintage 30s instead of g12h?
    I realize I'm loosing the great cab sims etc...
    all I'm looking for is just a few fender, marshall and boogie tones
    and I want it to sound real, through a guitar cab
    so that I don't have to carry 2 amps etc...to a gig
    (axe fx never sounded real to me, but kemper clips do)
    anyways, hopefully a better power amp will do the trick?

• Driving a 4x12 with the 44mag is a bit much, but I would try it again. Use Monitor out, in the Master (Output if you have the black one) menu check the box MonOut cab Off, then use the Monitor Out eq to get some more mids.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Driving a 4x12 with the 44mag is a bit much, but I would try it again.

Sorry for asking. But isn't the Marshall 1936 a 2x12? I played it once with the KPA using a Hafler mosfet power amp, when thinking about buying the set. To me it sounded a bit too muffled (but, haven't done any tweaking). Although, the box is very good.

• Also while running monitor out set your EHX up to the level where you do not get it distorting then use your kemper master volume control to control your monitor out volume which will drive your EHX/speaker. The speaker choice is up to you as that will be your monitor sound you prefer. I tried the setup with a crate powerblock (using line in) and a 2x12 with (1) V30 and (1) H30. You just want to make sure you are not overdriving the EHX otherwise you will be making adjsutments to your rig that will sound differently in the house.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

Edited once, last by bshaw92 ().