Kemper and midi

• How can i change the master volume CC7 to another number in Kemper? I want it on CC11. Gona bring it to a gig next weekend and the pedal im using just want master volum to be CC11 ?(

• There are a lot of midi control pedals without the possibility of changing the CC, but as far as I know all of them have factory assigned CC 7 for volume....
    Are You sure that Your pedals volume its assigned to CC 11 ???

• Im using Roland GR-55 guitarsynth, Im trying to make them bout work together. I got the patches to work with Kemper and I can change profiles and master volum when i have the Rolang exp pdl on CC7. But then the Roland change it internarl so the master volum is on al the synth sounds, and Im not assignin them to be master volum. I dont want the synth sound volum to be on the exp pdl,I have it on the GK controller on my guitar. If I take the midi plug out it works normaly again or if I set the exp pdl on CC11 again. CC11 is the default setup for the exp pdl on GR-55. Seams like a bug in GR-55, so I was hoping I can change the midi in Kemper. It seams like they bout have the same internal midi system and are occupied, when I try to change them. How can I make them work together?

• I use a GR55 to control the Kemper also.
    I have each setting on the Kemper defining the volume pedal as on or off for the Kemper (some presets I do not use the volume pedal at all.
    Then I use the ctl pedal set for the Mod slot, and I have the loop there so I can bring the synth in or out based on my needs.

Go to master settings on the GR55, then MIDI, and change the expression pedal to CC7.
    Then make sure you have the Kemper expression pedal on as well, and know where you place it, pre-stomps or post effects.

If that doesn't work, let me know, I have 1 setting in particular where I have PCM 1 only on the heel position of the expression, then on toe position it turns on both PCM 1&2 and I control the volume with the volume knob on the GK-3.

I also would go into the master settings and make sure you have the expression pedal set to "patch setting", and turn off the expression switch in there also.

• Hi Vablows,
    Thanks but I think I have don that. I have everything on patch setting, except hold in the pedal gk ctl meny, and the pcm synth is not assign to exp pdl. When i plug in the midi cable and go to midi and change the exp pdl to cc7 everything in GR-55 respond to the exp pedal as master volum,I want the exp pdl in GR-55 to control Kemper master volum and at the same time no interfering with the volum inside GR-55. Im not using another exp pdl for Kemper.
    Can you try to se if you can make that work?

• Make shure the midi cable is conected to midi in, on Kemper. Strange becouse the problem start when i plug the midi cable in to Kemper,its fine when the midi cable is just attached to GR-55. I have the midi settings in Kemper to omni.

Edited 2 times, last by strengdal ().

• I find out right now that GR-55 is fine and Kemper is fine, Its just me. :S But Kemper should have an effectloop where you can choose where you want the external effect chain to be. I got this problem because I have GR-55 in the loop chain on X in Kemper.And the master volum is post. Should be an option where to put the loop, because now the loop is before the chorus, delay and reverb and master volum. So now i got al this guitar effects coloring whatever I have in the loop. Im familiar to line6 pood xt pro, and things like this is no problem there.

Edited 2 times, last by strengdal ().

• I use the loop in the mod slot, that way only delay and reverb are after it and I can use the ctl pedal (midi CC #24 or 26, can't remember) to switch it on and off.

If you have the new 1.6 firmware installed, you can plug the GR-55 L/mono out into the alt input and the right output to the loop return input and you will have the GR-55 always in the chain post effects uncolored by anything as an Aux in all the time without using any slots for the loop.

Then, use the stereo loop and you can have it inserted anywhere in the chain if you use it in the stomps slot or x/mod slot.
    Then you can turn it on and off if you want.

I tried it this way but don't like having the synth always "on", I like to control when I let it in the chain or not but try this way and you may like it!