Tagging Assistant doesn't work correctly—needs fixing!

• Since the beginning, the KPA has had this problem—Lets say you are profiling a Mesa amp and a Marshall cab, and that you have already created and named the rig, and you are now creating a new profile. The new profile should carry over the names and info of the amp and cab just like the previous rig, but the tagging assistant names the new cab the same as the amp—so I end up with a Mesa amp and a Mesa cab! In fact, that's not all that's wrong.

This demonstrates the problem—I took a rig and named the info for the amp and cab this way (and saved the rig):

Amp Name — A
    Author — B
    Profiling Location — C
    Artist — D
    Source Amp — E
    Amp Model — F
    Amp Buildyear — G
    Amp Channel — H
    Pickup Type — I
    Amp Comment — J

Cab Name — 0
    Author — 1
    Profiling Location — 2
    Artist — 3
    Source Cab — 4
    Cab Model — 5
    Cab Config — 6
    Mic Type — 7
    Mic Position — 8
    Cab Comment — 9

I then made a new profile and expected that the info copied exactly, but that is not what happens—instead, here is what I get:

Amp Name — A
    Author — Miles (KPA Owner)
    Profiling Location — C
    Artist — Miles
    Source Amp — A
    Amp Model — A
    Amp Buildyear — G
    Amp Channel — H
    Pickup Type — I
    Amp Comment —

Cab Name — A
    Author — Miles
    Profiling Location — C
    Artist — Miles
    Source Cab — A
    Cab Model — A
    Cab Config — 6
    Mic Type — 7
    Mic Position — 8
    Cab Comment —

If you look carefully you see that this doesn't make sense—the KPA does this naming automatically—the Author and Artist may not be the same as the KPA owner, and neither the cab or amp comments are copied over at all. Of course you can see that the cab and amp info is mostly wrong as well, plus, on the Tagging Assistant 3/3, the Mic Type is listed twice.

I do a ton of profiling, and this tagging problem makes for lots of extra work in renaming so much wrong info. I contacted support last week about this, but no word yet.

Am I missing something here? Shouldn't all the info be copied exactly?

Edited 3 times, last by miles ().

• Yes. It,s a very annoying problem indeed... :S
    .....but for some reason I am more disturbing by the missing of some essential functions like midi out (without can.t exist a librarian and editor) :(
    I believe that all naming and editing problems could be resolved with an editor. ;)

• Yes. It,s a very annoying problem indeed... :S
    .....but for some reason I am more disturbing by the missing of some essential functions like midi out (without can.t exist a librarian and editor) :(
    I believe that all naming and editing problems could be resolved with an editor. ;)

Even if we don't get an editor/lib any time soon, at least they could take care of this important issue. I'm surprised this obvious problem still exists.

It is indeed tedious having to do all this editing to the tags.
    Please report back from support.

I contacted them 1 week ago about this (though I really should have spoke-up sooner).
    I will post when I hear back from them.

• Does the tagging work correctly with the current beta? Though I have not upgraded from 1.6.0 yet, I still have not received a reply from tech support on the issue of the tagging problem. :S

Edited 2 times, last by miles ().

• I haven't profiled anything on the beta, but I imagine if they fixed it it'd be mentioned on the description which it isn't.

• I haven't profiled anything on the beta, but I imagine if they fixed it it'd be mentioned on the description which it isn't.

For those of us that profile a lot, this is a bit of a drag, and with no sign of an editor/lib any time soon, the tagging problem remains to be an issue, and I'm hoping it will be fixed in the next firmware.

6 weeks now, and no response from tech support. :S

Edited once, last by miles ().