Powered vs Unpowered Kemper lunchbox

• What really "is it"? And how many other 500 watt, coincident, phase-coherent, 70-18,000 Hz +\- 2,5 (!!!) db, 90° by 90° radiation pattern cabs are you aware of, and at what price point?
    Your statement implies that there's much better for the price and I - no kidding - look forward to knowing what's that (being on the market for an active cab).

Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy your new gear course!

No worries, my friend. no worries at all. Again, I think I was more upset with the whole poweramp announcement.

With the Atomic stuff, I think how that should of read is that for $1000......I mean, it literally is a speaker and a box with an amp (albeit specialized...we know this, yes) but again, it is made in China. I know that there was a lot of R&D for it and the costs associated with that can be expensive. I just don't get the pricing on it. Again, nothing against Atomic or Tom. Good folks and great customer service. I was just turned off by that price and even more by the waiting time. I was very close to purchasing but realized that for me it wasn't where I wanted to go.

As someone pointed out, hopefully a few more solutions come into place for you guys that compete and drive the price down.

• Hey PB, I've no special reason to backup Atomic or Mitchell, whose internet persona is one of the worst I've happened to come across in my life. LOL

I nevertheless believe that, in the end, what matters most is what quality you're after and how much you're willing to pay for it. I've seen nothing around with better specs then the CLRs: to get something better you should probably spend twice (if not more) the price. That's why I was asking whether you had come across something better.
    Assembling seems sturdy, and there's a 2 year guaranty.

One's budget limitation is of course something different, but then all one can say is probably "they cost too much for me".
    For me, for example, the dream rig (one KPA, one KFC and two CLRs) is definitely too expensive at the moment LOL

• Dumbles and Trainwrecks are just boxes with amps, usually they don't even come with speakers. So the CLR including a box, amp and speaker must be a bargain! :D

But seriously, equivalent products to the CLR cost thousands of dollars. Yes, it's made in China, and that's the reason it costs as little as $1k. So are Apple computers and iPhones. Only time will tell if the QC is there, but Atomic has a good reputation and so far I'm a happy customer.