New appreciation for pickups

• I am amazed at how different all of my pickups in various guitars sound with the KPA. The KPA really lets you HEAR those pickups. Pickups that I used to think were just "meh" are now incredible. You can also tell in a second if the pickup is crap.
    I have a brand new appreciation for pickups that I didn't really care for (couldn't hear the definition of) when using my Marshall, Fender and Egnater amps...such as the Gibson Burstbucker Pro, Duncan STL-2, the EMG 85 and SA series and the GFS Alnico II. Good stuff! :thumbup:

• I am amazed at how different all of my pickups in various guitars sound with the KPA. The KPA really lets you HEAR those pickups. Pickups that I used to think were just "meh" are now incredible. You can also tell in a second if the pickup is crap.
    I have a brand new appreciation for pickups that I didn't really care for (couldn't hear the definition of) when using my Marshall, Fender and Egnater amps...such as the Gibson Burstbucker Pro, Duncan STL-2, the EMG 85 and SA series and the GFS Alnico II. Good stuff! :thumbup:

The Burstbucker Pro is an incredible pickup. I have them in an ES-339 and they are the most dynamically response humbuckers I've ever played. They catch some slack for being harsh, but I disagree and think that's largely due to having an almost single coil snap to them.

• The Burstbucker Pro is an incredible pickup. I have them in an ES-339 and they are the most dynamically response humbuckers I've ever played. They catch some slack for being harsh, but I disagree and think that's largely due to having an almost single coil snap to them.

I agree. The neck pickup sounds single-coilish or p90 like. I was lucky enough to get one of the '05 Gibson Vintage Mahogany Les Paul's when they were just released and these pickups were stock. Fantastic guitar.

• The biggest surprise to me were the pickups in my Agile 3010 goldtop, soapbar p90's. When I received this guitar, I thought for sure I would have to replace the pickups. Nope. They sound great. Alnico V.