Axe fx AND Kemper

• I read the same IR quote. That doesn't make sense to me. IRs are already done. You can make new ones to add to the already 10s of thousands of available ones. You can import them into many available plugins. Geez, the KPAs CabMaker translates them for the Kemper. Just what is there to develop?

The Ultra went from 11R+ into the stratosphere with the additions of IRs. Would have thought that was the easy peace of the modeling puzzle.

If anyone can explain how that makes sense to me, please do so.

• I read the same IR quote. That doesn't make sense to me. IRs are already done. You can make new ones to add to the already 10s of thousands of available ones. You can import them into many available plugins. Geez, the KPAs CabMaker translates them for the Kemper. Just what is there to develop?

The Ultra went from 11R+ into the stratosphere with the additions of IRs. Would have thought that was the easy peace of the modeling puzzle.

If anyone can explain how that makes sense to me, please do so.

The quality of the IRs can likely be improved upon? Even Ownhammer are re-doing their's, I believe. I hope so, I still haven't found an IR that is greater than the cabs that are onboard the Kemper.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Well there are some aspects that current IRs (including the Kemper I think) dont cover. Different impedance on different frequencies for different amps during different volumes. Complex stuff but this exactly happens with real tube amps and real speakers. Cover this and you have the last step to the holy grail of realism. From Cliffs statement I can only conclude a AFX III is eminent or at least worked on. But maybe CK will beat him. Time will tell :D

• Well there are some aspects that current IRs (including the Kemper I think) dont cover. Different impedance on different frequencies for different amps during different volumes. Complex stuff but this exactly happens with real tube amps and real speakers. Cover this and you have the last step to the holy grail of realism. From Cliffs statement I can only conclude a AFX III is eminent or at least worked on. But maybe CK will beat him. Time will tell :D

Haven't we already gone beyond the holy grail or realism with the KPA?

You make a Profile, it sounds identical to the mic'd amp, practically every frequency is covered.
    Now slot in a pre EQ and a post EQ and you've gone way beyond the realism of the speaker/mic Profile, you've added frequencies that in reality didn't exist.