output led

• had my kpa about a month or so and noticed that my output led always glows amber to red when playing even the cleanest profile, ive tried everything I know of, lowering volume on main out, monitor out, headphones, master volume, main volume but to no avail, it sounds ok to my ears but I,ve not been able to hear a profile with the led just on green so I cant really compare, is this normal or is something a miss, any feedback appreciated
    thanks

• Hi Plek. Couple of things to suggest...

1. Input settings: Is it possible you have your input sense set too high? There's lots of threads here concerning clean and distortion sense so I won't go into it again here. What's your clean sense currently set to?

2. Internal volumes... there's a lot of them! The volume settings you mentioned are mainly output ones. Have you checked the individual slots t make sure you're not boosting the signal path somewhere? Pretty much all the slots have the capability of boosting the signal... Also, there's a cab volume as well.

Apparently the KPA has a lot of headroom and so the odd amber light shouldn't be too bad - does it sound like it's clipping?

I've had a few problems like this as well, usually it goes back to me having boosted the signal at some stage. Report back and some clever bod here will point you in the right direction if it's something more complex...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Apparently the KPA has a lot of headroom and so the odd amber light shouldn't be too bad - does it sound like it's clipping?

thanks brattcave,
    doesn't sound like its clipping.. even with. clean sence set at zero and all output volumes(cabs ect) at zero the led is still glowing amber red, could it be related to output links ?

• Is it happening on many rigs? [Standard advice mode entered] You might want to try a system reset when you boot up (Hold system on boot up) but you''ll have to enter your details all over. My rig volume is usually at 12 o clock - is yours much higher than that? Like I said the creeping orange light of caution has featured quite a bit with me as well but it's got better with subsequent updates for some reason. Try the reset and see if it clears things. Btw, you haven't got like a whole football crowd in the effect loops boosting the signal have you?

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Is it happening on many rigs? [Standard advice mode entered] You might want to try a system reset when you boot up (Hold system on boot up) but you''ll have to enter your details all over. My rig volume is usually at 12 o clock - is yours much higher than that? Like I said the creeping orange light of caution has featured quite a bit with me as well but it's got better with subsequent updates for some reason. Try the reset and see if it clears things. Btw, you haven't got like a whole football crowd in the effect loops boosting the signal have you?

hi, its happening on all rigs clean or dirty, just discovered this afternoon that the only way to bring the output led back to green is to set the main volume below -10db nothing else seems to work(master volume output/monitor/headphone volumes ect...). the sound is alot clearer but far too quite now. have tried system reset (twice) downgrading OS upgrading OS. nothing in loop!
    did notice however the led was just "RED" on OS 1.6.1 now back to Amber/red on 1.8.0... also just watched a video on youtube of the new pitchshifter and this guy's led is about the same as mine ( am i just being paranoid). hope he doesn't mind me posting this, its a great video showing the pitch shifter tho!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxpERXWuG7Ib

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxpERXWuG7I

• Yep I recall seeing those vids when the pitch shifter got released - very cool.
    Like you I like to keep an eye on the output light and it was one of the main problems I had early on - it seems to be less of a problem these days. When I get a rig that exercises the orange overly I tend to turn down the main volume and turn up the cab volume. I can't explain why this works but I've had some success doing this.

There was a thread a while ago about clipping on clean rigs, might be a useful read:
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…hlight=headroom#post50512

If it's predominantly in the red for most rigs it might be a move to contact support - see what they say. Like I mentioned I'm sure CK has mentioned that the lights are only a guide - can be a bit unsettling though!

• There was a thread a while ago about clipping on clean rigs, might be a useful read:
    http://kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?p…droom#post50512

many thanks i'll check out that link, im discovering the same as you to the point where I can max out all the other volumes but leave the main volume below -10db and the light stays green ! fine in my home studio where I can adjust inputs outside of the kemper but may be an issue live.
    have now raised a support ticket, will report on any remedy