Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

• I'm not saying your bundles are too expensive, I'm saying for someone living in a country where the exchange rate between the Rand and Dollar is R9.4 to $1.00, it works out to a lot of money.

• How many would you need?

Armin, there are people always complaining about your huge rig packs and on the other side people always complaining about the 1000 rigs limit of the KPA...can't make everyone happy, you make super detailed amps profiles someone else does small packs, that's ok...

• Armin, there are people always complaining about your huge rig packs and on the other side people always complaining about the 1000 rigs limit of the KPA...can't make everyone happy, you make super detailed amps profiles someone else does small packs, that's ok...

As I mentioned all the time, I'm happy with Armin's work and the chance to select from a large list of profiles.
    But I'm not happy that I didn't get a separate folder with Armin's "best of selection" when I bought bundles I - IV. I just wish I had this "WOW" moment immediately after upload to my KPA. Instead I was just overwhelmed by the massive list of rigs. Might be better for those who get individual amp packs, I don't know. But the bundles are a huge pile of profiles you have to struggle with before you eventually find something you really like to keep. This should be the other way round, imho.

• Comparing prices in the EU (you're an EU citizen just as many of your clients probably are) requires to include VAT, we had been discussing that before.
    So this comes down to:

AmpFactory: 5.83 Euro / 7 profiles = 0.83 Euro per profile
    Soundside: 19.88 Euro / 27 profiles = 0.74 Euro per profile

The difference looks much less this way.
    When I consider the added number of profiles is very little additional work compared to the initial Amp and mic setup work, then the remaining difference in price per profile simply doesn't matter at all. Sorry to say so, but your comparison = fail ... imho.

• As I mentioned all the time, I'm happy with Armin's work and the chance to select from a large list of profiles.
    But I'm not happy that I didn't get a separate folder with Armin's "best of selection" when I bought bundles I - IV. I just wish I had this "WOW" moment immediately after upload to my KPA. Instead I was just overwhelmed by the massive list of rigs. Might be better for those who get individual amp packs, I don't know. But the bundles are a huge pile of profiles you have to struggle with before you eventually find something you really like to keep. This should be the other way round, imho.

Yes, I used to do this - but then people complained that - when buying a bundle they had to many folders.

As you see - there is no way to make everybody happy.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Myself,... 3 to 4.

Yes - as I do.

The VH4 is a 4 channel amp - so as in real live everybody will tweak the knobs for each channel - and get 4 'sounds'.

Exactly the same is true with the profiles - but you have to turn the knobs = select YOUR profile for each channel.
    The profiles are not a bunch of 100+ profiles where all sound totally different and without any structure.
    There are 20+ profiles for each channel - with different gain settings and different tone stack settings.
    All you have to do is to 'turn the knobs' until you find your profile for each channel.

In case you own only this one guitar - then feel free to delete all the other profiles - and do the same for the next amp (in case you buy the bundle).

And the end of the day you have one (or more) great profiles for each channel of all the amps.

Of course I could just provide 4 profiles (one for each channel) - but it will not work - not even if we all would use the same guitar.
    If this would work - then the VH4 would not need to have a gain knob and a full tone stack per channel - but only an on/off switch, master volume and a channel selector.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• The eq actually is flat, you just hear the Kemper going straight into my audio-interface (RME Fireface) without adding plugins from my software (Cubase 7). Normally I use Waves plugins for compression, eq ect., but NOT on the Kemper demos, there's no eq and no compressor. I try to keep the guitar-sound as pure and authentic as possible, I sometimes just add a little reverb or delay (mainly for the lead-guitar), that's it.

I'm just finishing another demo with Armin's "Damage Control Womanizer"-profile from Bundle I, with a -good- strat you'll get THE Rory Gallagher-sound ;)

Taste is very individual, I recently downloaded the Amp-Factory profiles from the Kemper-side and I didn't like one profile, but with the 1959 Plexi-profile alone (in different settings from clean to hi-gain) I easily could play a whole show.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to purchase the fireface 400 but they seem to be discontinued and the 800 is too expensive for me at the moment. I think the amp factory profiles are pretty good on the whole. Ive bought a few that i dont use but I have 4 or 5 that i really like. I think because they are only £5 i just pick one or two up every week and if i dont like them its not a big deal. They are probably a little more forward sounding than what im expecting from Armins - at least from people reports ive read. I love some of the vintage stuff with my strat or explorer but ive got some les pauls/musicman with emgs and bkp's because ill always love the higher gain stuff too so its nice to have a range of profiles. Im going to grab the Plexi greenback this weekend - its worth a shot. Thanks Guenter, i've followed you on soundcloud so looking forward to more demo's.

• I'm a bit curious, never bought any profiles from soundside.de but am considering getting bundles IV and V. Now some of the profiles I've gotten lately are extensively tweaked and my preferred approach is to profile an amp so there's no need for tweaking. It should sound as good as the amp with the default settings, and achieving that takes some serious efforts on mic positioning. Of course I agree with Armin in that even if the profile is taken correctly (by my standards anyway), it has to be done with the right settings for the right guitar and for that having lots of profiles for the same amp taken at different settings like Armin does is a blessing. But I digress. My question is really this: are the raw profiles from soundside.de untouched or are they tweaked in any way?

• The raw profiles are untouched - only the stack section is active (no stombs, no effects, no changes on any advanced amp/cab parameters).

The 'mods' (separate folder in single packs - or can be found by the name Mxx) are 'produced' profiles with tweaks in the advanced settings and effects - just to fit my own guitars (Strat/Tele for vintages stuff - Ibanez, LesPauls, ESP for modern stuff).

• $4.99 or 19.99 are either a small price to pay or a misplaced expense.... It comes down to the profile/s and if they stay on someone's KPA and find a place in their musical
    work.

• The raw profiles are untouched - only the stack section is active (no stombs, no effects, no changes on any advanced amp/cab parameters).

The 'mods' (separate folder in single packs - or can be found by the name Mxx) are 'produced' profiles with tweaks in the advanced settings and effects - just to fit my own guitars (Strat/Tele for vintages stuff - Ibanez, LesPauls, ESP for modern stuff).

Excellent, just ordered bundle #5 :)