Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

• Wow, after spending some time auditioning the profiles from bundle V I've gotta say, those are indeed the best Plexi profiles I've ever heard/played, bar none. Plus the many different settings give it a lot of flexibility, and all of them are instantly useable, I'm very happy with the purchase :)

The 52 Deluxe is my second favorite, awesome profiles too. Juri still out on the other ones, some have a bit more low end than I'd like and for now I'm not a big fan of the KPA tone stack so I prefer that profiles sound good with all tone controls at <0.0>. BTW that's exactly why I liked these Plexi and Deluxe profiles so much, I feel many profiles ou there, be them factory, user or commercial, have too much bottom end or too much high end, and I notice a lot of them are "fixed" after profiling by messing with the deep edit amp block parameters, which IMHO is far from ideal. My approach is always make a little more effort, take a little more time and get it right just with mic positioning.

Any chance of something like a hot rodded Marshall pack of profiles popping up anytime soon?

EDIT: I understand that some of the profiles in the pack might have more bottom end because the profiled amps themselves are low-heavy and that's ok ;)

Edited once, last by Deny ().

• I feel many profiles ou there, be them factory, user or commercial, have too much bottom end or too much high end, and I notice a lot of them are "fixed" after profiling by messing with the deep edit amp block parameters, which IMHO is far from ideal. My approach is always make a little more effort, take a little more time and get it right just with mic positioning.

Any chance of something like a hot rodded Marshall pack of profiles popping up anytime soon?

That's exactly my experience, too and that's why I like Armin's profiles more than others. Many profiles are "pimped" afterwards and far away from the original amp. I bought some profiles from another big seller here and I'm very dissapointed, when I switch off compression, eq ect. the pure amp-sound is too weak. It's easy to add compression and eqs to make the profiles louder and more "impressive", but with more effects you get more noise and you lose the original character of the profiled amp totally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Any chance of something like a hot rodded Marshall pack of profiles popping up anytime soon?

Did you try pack 05 from the first bundle?
    The JVM410 is the only real Marshall I still own - that amp sounds great and is very versatile - and has a lot of gain.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Did you try pack 05 from the first bundle?
    The JVM410 is the only real Marshall I still own - that amp sounds great and is very versatile - and has a lot of gain.

I'm a bit curious, doesn't bundle V (which I've purchased) also have this amp? What's the difference between the 2 profile packs (from bundle I and bundle V)?

• Yes, it's the same amp but different speakers - warm C90 in the latest pack - bright V30's in pack 05.

If pack 33 is sounding fine for your guitar - great - if you think it lacks trebble/top end try pack 05.

Both packs should give you plenty of Marshall gain.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Sorry to mention Armin's price comparison between Soundside and TAF products again, which we discussed a month ago. But there's something that hasn't been mentioned before and I think it's important to know.

I just bought the Marshall JTM45 from TAF, which is advertised as 13 profiles. But in fact you get 55 rigs. 13 rigs each for Les Paul, Strat & Tele plus 16 bonus rigs. All for 5.90 Euro, not counting the current -20% special deal. That reminded me of this unfortunate comparison.

We can talk months about quality, taste, you name it. But the price comparison by Armin really failed big time. His packs are way more expensive, that's just a fact. If you like his profiles, buy them, they are great indeed. I bought many. And they are still a great deal compared to the actual amp price tags.

• Damn i bought today the Armin plexi profile, "Marshall JMP 1959 HW" number 35! and i am ASTONISHED!!! finally i have found a great marshall profile! fits my gibson les paul custom BEAUTIFULLY!! and surprise for me was the raw profile is the best capture i remember, i checked the parameters, nothing tweaked, it just means great work at source!! wow its the best €20 euros i spent on profiles . And i have bought many other comercial profiles from others, but their marshall sounds lacked always something, was never happy . i am REALLY HAPPY NOW!!

So a big thanks ARMIN, there is magic on your profiles! . I will buy some more ! i became a fan!

Cheers

• Damn i bought today the Armin plexi profile, "Marshall JMP 1959 HW" number 35! and i am ASTONISHED!!! finally i have found a great marshall profile! fits my gibson les paul custom BEAUTIFULLY!! and surprise for me was the raw profile is the best capture i remember, i checked the parameters, nothing tweaked, it just means great work at source!! wow its the best €20 euros i spent on profiles . And i have bought many other comercial profiles from others, but their marshall sounds lacked always something, was never happy . i am REALLY HAPPY NOW!!

So a big thanks ARMIN, there is magic on your profiles! . I will buy some more ! i became a fan!

Cheers

+1 :thumbup:

Cheers

That's exactly my experience, Armin's Plexi ist the best Marshall-profile I heard so far, there's just one negative thing about it: I wished I would have had Armin's Plexi-profiles earlier... (I'm in the middle of producing a solo-album).

The prize-discussion I can't follow anymore, 20 EUR are too expensive for 43 awesome profiles of a handwired Plexi? I don't get it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• That's exactly my experience, Armin's Plexi ist the best Marshall-profile I heard so far, there's just one negative thing about it: I wished I would have had Armin's Plexi-profiles earlier... (I'm in the middle of producing a solo-album).

The prize-discussion I can't follow anymore, 20 EUR are too expensive for 43 awesome profiles of a handwired Plexi? I don't get it....

OK- I bought this profile after hearing your clip and the feedback. I'm astounded also. I've been loving the KPA and going through a lot of Marshall's. This is the best by FAR! The feel is incredible and the Elmwood cab is magic. I love the way the profiles are organized and marked- very easy to see what's going on. I have a '72 50w Plexi with matching greenback cab and this rig sounds even better than my own.

Also, if you like the more amp in the room experience, this is it. As for price- worth every cent and more. IMO, $20 for a profile of this quality is well worth it. I've spent 10 times that on pedals that delivered far less. If the Diezel VH4 is this good (hopefully uses the Elmwood cab) I'm buying it. I could gig all night on this profile alone. I'm not one to gush over new gear but this profile makes me feel I'm hearing the full potential of the KPA.

• This plexi with the elmwood cab is fantastic. Very natural sounding. Great job armin. I love all the settings you have included - allows me to audition the amp as if it were actually right in front of me. Sounds as good as any plexi I have played - real or simulated. :D Thx again armin!

• So is the Marshall with the Elmwood cab the same as the Modena cab? If so would it make more sense for me to buy the other Marshall with greenbacks I think and just pair it wit the Elmwood cab to get those sounds?

• Today I went through all my Kemper-profiles and I noticed, that the most profiles are from Armin. ;)

My favourites are:

Bundle 1: '57 Fender Deluxe (03), Marshall JVM410H (05 & 33), Elmwood Modena M60 (06 & 27), Damage Control Womanizer (09)
    Bundle 2: Vox AC30 (12), '52 Fender Deluxe (17)
    Bundle 4: Mesa Boogie Rectifier (26), Diezel VH-4 (29), Mesa Boogie Roadster (30)
    Bundle 5: "Plexi" Marshall JMP 1959 (34 & 35), '52 Fender Deluxe (36)
    Bundle 6: '65 Fender Princeton (39), Marshall JCM2000 (40)

There are also great profiles from other amps (Genz Benz, Boogie Lonestar, '57 Fender Harvard and more), but these are the ones I love most. Personally I prefer the classic amps (Fender, Vox, Marshall), but the Diezel, Rectifier, Roadster and Elmwood are very good, too. With this collection everybody should get a wide range of excellent guitar-sounds.

• Guenter- I'm finding that also. I got the Diezel and it's terrific also. I gigged a VH4 for years and this profile on every channel is very accurate. Between this and the Plexi I'm very busy.Tthanks to you & Armin!

• I like the way this sounds for the men, Elmwood Cabinet or Greenback Cabinet (warm) @ $19.99 each....Is the Elmwood V30's?

I believe the Elmwood is V30s. Some of the V30 cab profiles can be a bit harsh to my ears but this one sounds and feels well broken in. Men tend to like a broken in V30 profile.

• Bought the Plexi Profiles yesterday and they are really great! To my ears many free profiles are sounding too muffled. I change the cab very often. But with Armin's Plexi and the Elmwood Cab I don't have to do this.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)