Van Weelden Twinkleland! ASAP! (or i have to steal it)

• Pleeeeze, guys. Andy, Armin or to whom it may concern:

Profile a van Weelden Twinkleland asap!

we could all collect money, buy it for the 7.ooo eurones and sell it afterwards @ebay or
    drive and44 to holland, buy him a few drinks and give him an extra charge or
    convince joe bonamassa on his next european tour that our community is
    super-dooper-ultracool and is going to be extremely careful with his gem while
    profiling it in ... whereever or
    ???

any ideas?!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• In this tour he's not using them, instead he has 2 Victoria Golden Melody. The Marshall's are atill there with the addition of a Friedman Dirty Shirley.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• wow! i love :love: the friedman already, but the victoria?? hmm, maybe the vids on the site
    were recorded with a poor mike or even the mike in the camera, does not sound good to me.

but, guitarnet, how in the world did you know this again? no word on the JB site about it
    btw, sad to not see you on the fare :|

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• ah, gitarre&bass may edition? that 's cool. i have bought the guitar may edition instead for the train ride to frankfurt :huh:
    joe is on twitter like this famous colleague of his' who is in the rainbow press and plays a three-rock ;) ?? (he can play, i know)
    that's a shame, isn't it. man i am too old for this sh..
    first i followed our sons to facebook, now fb is not so thrilling any more, and now i would have to
    follow them to twitter, tomorrow something else, this IS communication overload, this is insane
    anyway i have to consider registering, because my son is in canada and has lost all interest in facebook,
    but keeps twittering on and on, at least this is what my wife says
    anyway, so joe twitters, correct, yuh? pooh ...
    and he sold his van weelden, and the category 5 or the friggin' what. joe i buy 'em :D !
    where does he store his gits and amps and where does he live AND
    again

a van weelden ASAP, please! :thumbup:

• It's impossible to tell THE Joe Bonamassa rig, there's just no such thing not even for one complete tour. He changes often. For example in March he did some gigs in Netherlands. He had his Silver Jubilees of course, that's probably the only set gear. But he didn't have the Victoria amps there, not the Category 5 amp, even not the Van Weelden Twinkleland. He actually had one Friedmann Dirty Shirley and a white Diaz Vibramaster. I can't imagine Joe selling his gear any time soon. He's got as much GAS as one individual can have.

So don't try to follow him (his gear selection) exactly all the time. It will make you crazy after a short period of time. :)

• a white what? okay i quit :D

btw, what is GAS? but the twinkleland sounds still as cool as possible to me. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• GAS [Blocked Image: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif]
    harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gimme a break, man

he has used a wayhuge effect on his new album and a xotic pedal a couple of years ago, this is endless ... :sleeping: ^^

but thanks for the infos, guys and i am going to telephone van weelden but munic-holland-salzgitter-holland-munich
    that's some route
    cu

• In this tour he's not using them, instead he has 2 Victoria Golden Melody. The Marshall's are atill there with the addition of a Friedman Dirty Shirley.

The Dirty Shirley is a better HBE, IMO. My personal interest Freidman amp is the Pink Taco... Not that the other amps he does are not amazing... They are. An amp that nails Eddie tones has a place in a KPA profile collection. However... For me? The Pink Taco is the most tight and driven EL84 I believe I have heard. Bob Reinhardt got very close to a Hot Rodded Plexi thing on a 2 EL84 amp, but Freidman has it at a whole other level. A more unique and interesting "voice" to me...very coherent on chords with good string separation and some room left for keys or another guitar in the low mids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4zgr8athY

Neither would I be unhappy with a Steve Steven's Freidman... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INgqW8aGJs The end of this clip is an example of what convinces me that this is Freidmans best amp IMO.

Edited 5 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• Is it really worth to buy these very expensive boutique-amps? I am a professional guitar-player for 25 years and I always used "standard"-amps like old Marshalls, my Boogie Mk2, Dr Z. Maz Sen., Vox AC30 ect. All amps sound aweseome, I do a lot of gigs with a small Fender Blues Junior (12", 1st series in Tweed) and it sounds excellent.

All the boutique-amps I have tried didn't satisfy my taste and I always prefered the standard-amps, my old amps are handwired and VERY solid, too, and for me they sound better.

And don't forget: at the end it's not the equipment, it's all about your emotions being transported through your fingers, great guitar-players like Larry Carlton and Robben Ford will have a great sound on nearly all equipment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• guenther and to whom it may concern

ofcourse, that is true. steve lukather tells the story again and again:
    he visited eddie van halen in his homestudio long ago and was allowed
    to play on eddie's equipment. result: he sounded in no way like eddie, but
    – surprise – he sounded like steve lukather :thumbup:

nevertheless: GearAquisitionSyndrome is commonly spread amongst musicians and
    me and lightbox and a few others are unfortunately not free of it ... :wacko:
    i have seen the twinkleland here in munich when joe played live and i was impressed

it was a joke, i would never pay 7.000 for a single amp but as a gatherer and hunter would like to
    include the van weelden in my collection. cheers

• Is it really worth to buy these very expensive boutique-amps? I am a professional guitar-player for 25 years and I always used "standard"-amps like old Marshalls, my Boogie Mk2, Dr Z. Maz Sen., Vox AC30 ect. All amps sound aweseome, I do a lot of gigs with a small Fender Blues Junior (12", 1st series in Tweed) and it sounds excellent.

All the boutique-amps I have tried didn't satisfy my taste and I always prefered the standard-amps, my old amps are handwired and VERY solid, too, and for me they sound better.

And don't forget: at the end it's not the equipment, it's all about your emotions being transported through your fingers, great guitar-players like Larry Carlton and Robben Ford will have a great sound on nearly all equipment.

Judging by the forum we are on, the answer is: No, we don't have to buy expensive amps to get great tone... we have the Kemper. You mention The Boogie and Dr. Z ... both expensive and Boutique at one time...

All amps do not, IMO, sound "awesome". Far from it, actually. People do often have preferences and it's nice when one can find tone solutions that work for them and that one can afford. I've been playing guitar since 1964 and have played through a wide variety of stuff... expensive and not so expensive. I have found some gear just doesn't do it for me.

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• ...mention The Boogie and Dr. Z ... both expensive and Boutique at one time...

The Dr. Z is very inexpensive compared to Van Weelden & Co and the Boogie Mk2 I bought used long time ago (Serial-Nr. 5xx). It's just my experience that amps are generally overrated when it comes to a great guitar-sound. Everything in the "sound-chain" is important, first the guitar and of course cables and effects, too, and the main thing will always be the player himself.

I'm more into Vintage guitars, but of course everybody can collect what he wants. ;)

Nevertheless the KPA is a wonderful tool and I use it all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• The Dr. Z is very inexpensive compared to Van Weelden & Co and the Boogie Mk2 I bought used long time ago (Serial-Nr. 5xx). It's just my experience that amps are generally overrated when it comes to a great guitar-sound. Everything in the "sound-chain" is important, first the guitar and of course cables and effects, too, and the main thing will always be the player himself.

I'm more into Vintage guitars, but of course everybody can collect what he wants. ;)

What I like to collect is a smile on my face, some ear-candy for the fun and musicality part of these sonic realizers that ride the sides of my noggin. OH not to ignore....the agreed contract amount in my home currency 8) .

• The Dr. Z is very inexpensive compared to Van Weelden & Co and the Boogie Mk2 I bought used long time ago (Serial-Nr. 5xx). It's just my experience that amps are generally overrated when it comes to a great guitar-sound. Everything in the "sound-chain" is important, first the guitar and of course cables and effects, too, and the main thing will always be the player himself.

Yes it is. Nice for archiving nicer amps as some of the older stuff truly shines when kept in good trim and loaded with the right tubes and bias. A great cabinet with the right "cardboard" I am still hoping to get some of my favorite amps profiled as some of the really rare stuff will not be around for ever.

I think this is a nice Marshall which is the sort which doesn't show up as often as some might like. Jim Marshall made some fabulous stuff, but not all of them had this going on... Nor did they all need to be in this vein... https://soundcloud.com/tommy-h…nd-down-from-the-cd-uncle

There is always some interesting "places" gear can take ya. Some gear also has a season ticket to mediocre-ville.

BTW, I reall like your clips Mr. Haas... Nice work.

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().