Kemper in fx return of a tube amp

• yeah looks like soild state is the way to go :)
    wonder how much difference it will be between solid state amps, it probably not differ as much as tubes amps.
    but when comparing the different tubes amps to the real clips they all share some of the character. it would be nice with an option in monitor settings if you are going to use it with tube amps (some kind of eq engages so the sound would not differ as much) but that's maybe hard to do but would be nice ;)

• This would be nice, but every tube amp sounds different and it would be impossible to deliver presets for each available device.

If you think about the best way to calibrate the monitor out for a tube power amp it think it could work the following way:

Feed your tube power amp with white noise from a signal generator or a PC running a suitable software. Wavelab can do this for example. Then put a Di Box that can handle speaker levels like the Behringer GI-100 between the power amp and your cab. Now record the DI signal and analyze the frequency curve. This should indicate how to tweak the EQ. The more flat the curve is, the better.

• I understand that, was just thinking about some of the characteristics the tube amps seems to share, even if it would not be perfect it probably be closer.

Your idea with white noise seems like a great idea!
    For now i'm going with my peavey amp, is close enough and when rehearsal and playing live i guess whats differ would not be a problem, kinda regret a didn't bought my kemper with poweramp included ;)

• This would be nice, but every tube amp sounds different and it would be impossible to deliver presets for each available device.

If you think about the best way to calibrate the monitor out for a tube power amp it think it could work the following way:

Feed your tube power amp with white noise from a signal generator or a PC running a suitable software. Wavelab can do this for example. Then put a Di Box that can handle speaker levels like the Behringer GI-100 between the power amp and your cab. Now record the DI signal and analyze the frequency curve. This should indicate how to tweak the EQ. The more flat the curve is, the better.

Cool idea, with one major caveat - white noise is dynamically flat while a tube power-section responds very strongly to dynamics.
    You might get equal volume but more 'action' going on in some frequencies rather than others, which would make the EQ sound not flat.

It's an interesting idea, though, for separating cabs from poweramps in a KPA profile, down the road.
    If we could profile our poweramps and send them to CK, we could have a choice of several simplified, general poweramp 'types' to assign to, say, impulse responses that have been captured with the cabmaker, seeing as impulse responses tend to sound vastly inferior to what's already on the Kemper.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I just gave it a try,

first is a analyzer snapshot of an old Valvestate solid state poweramp:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5902643/poweramp_Valvestate.jpg]

Second is the poweramp of a Marshall JVM:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5902643/poweramp_JVM.jpg]