Tried Kemper into Crate acoustic amp for electric guitar

• Hi,
    I just tried the Kemper into a small Crate CA30DG acoustic combo for use as a practice amp for electric guitar. Great sound !! But with a mod to the amp - see below.

I plug into the "Insert" jack so I bypass the hiss of its preamp. Sounds rich and deep for really clean tones. But the tweeter spews fizz on any tones with gain. It has a hi-fi 6.5" two way co-axial 4 ohm speaker, the kind with a foam surround, and a static piezo tweeter in the middle.

So I just unsoldered one of the wires to the tweeter, and voilà. No fizz. Plenty of highs remainng. I also tried a layer of tape over the tweeter. Sounds fine too. In the end, i spliced a 200 ohm trim pot in series with the tweeter wire, so now I can dial the tweeter back to original sound when needed by using a mini screw driver through the grill. The mod is not visible.

Bottom line. Clear rich tone. A well tune port gives tons of focused low end. Highs are just right, and I can dial back any tweeter fizz. And its easily loud enough to hang with a drummer in a garage.

• I'm no fan of tweeters being involved with guitar tones. I've yet to find that they improve the sound. To handle this I generally use EQ to kill everything over 10K ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer