A little tribute to Rory Gallagher with 2 profiles from Soundside.de

• Here's a little tribute to one of my favourite guitar-players: Rory Gallagher - I tried to achieve his famous singing strat-tone with two profiles from Soundside.de, both are from the "Damage Control Womanizer" out of Bundle I "High Gain Stomp's".

I'm using my old Fender '66-strat, no eq, no compressor, just a little reverb from Cubase 7.

Enjoy:

http://snd.sc/ZEejGV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Sounds great!

btw. Guenter just send me a bunch of great demo files - they are now integrated into my website.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• That sounds great!

No compressor? Does the profile naturally have that kind of sustain, or were you playing loud enough for sustained notes to "bloom" like that? Some of the held notes seems to get louder, and it didn't sound like you were keeping them sustaining with finger vibrato.

No compressor, like I wrote there's no effect at all, just a little reverb. The sustain is coming from the profile's sound, the guitar (Fender '66-strat) and -hopefully- my fingers. ;)

I didn't play loud, actually very qiet at room level via my studio-monitors (Klein & Hummel O110). The profile is really great and and inspired me immediately to Rory Gallagher's sound and style.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Which Profile do you use?

The produced profiles (Mxx) include effects and may use the amp's block 'compression' feature.

I tried to simulate the optical compressor from the Damage Control Womanizer.

Some great Womanizer Video

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Which Profile do you use?

The produced profiles (Mxx) include effects and may use the amp's block 'compression' feature.

I tried to simulate the optical compressor from the Damage Control Womanizer.

I used "AH Woman M03 Soft" for the rhythm-guitars and "AH Woman M08 Lead" for the lead-guitar.

• M03 uses a little bit of compression in the amp block.
    M08 is without compression.

• It sounds great - it was the solo notes that have such great sustain. My compliments to the player, the profiler, and the person who made that strat without putting in any plinky pickups. :)

The Fender strat is from 1966, everything is original besides new frets and a 5-way-switch. I'm just getting through the Mesa Boogie Roadster and Diezel VH4-profiles, they are excellent, too. More demos will come in the future. ;)

• There are A LOT of VH4 profiles - this can be a little bit confusing at first.

For channel 2-4 it works like this:

There are 4 different tone stack settings (incl. flat) - at least one of them should work for your guitar.

To access the other gain levels just press the up/down keys 4 times. (then you get to the previous/next gain level.

There are profiles for all gain levels from 09:00 ... 17:00

For channel 1 (clean channel) there are less profiles

P at the end of the profile name = Presence boost
    B at the end of the profile name = Bright switch on
    BP = both activated

The VH4 has a bright switch only for channel 1 and 2