USB Drives no longer detected

• Big problem here. Just got my Kemper Rack a couple of weeks ago to replace my toaster. Everything was going fine...I updated the OS to the 1.8 Beta and imported some rigs I had. But last night I tried to import a few more rigs and the KPA crashed and gave the following error (see pic). I'm well below the 1000 rig limit.

Now the KPA will no longer recognize ANY USB drive....even a brand new one. External storage does not appear on the screen anymore. I also went into Maintenance mode and tried to format it there. The only thing that happens is I get a message that the operation failed. When I click OK, it says "unable to retrieve file system info [unmounted?]. Like I said, the same thing happens with multiple USB drives.

Anyone experience this before? There were also some different issues that I experienced with my toaster version that really makes me question the reliability of the Kemper. It's frustrating that I've only had the rack for 2 weeks and now I can't do anything (backup, import, export, etc.).

Here is the pic of the message that displayed after the crash:

[Blocked Image: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff174/bwebb71/IMG_0089_zps0149bb0a.jpg]

• Here is the pic of the message that displayed after the crash:

The error indicates that you have either a heavily malformed filesystem on the stick OR you have files (folders, volume labels etc.) that have names containing characters not allowed by the FAT filesystem ( '/', ';', '*' etc..).

Format your stick on your PC, afterwards format it with the KPA, it should work then.

Timo

• The error indicates that you have either a heavily malformed filesystem on the stick OR you have files (folders, volume labels etc.) that have names containing characters not allowed by the FAT filesystem ( '/', ';', '*' etc..).

Format your stick on your PC, afterwards format it with the KPA, it should work then.

Timo

Thanks for the reply. However, I tried doing just that with 3 different USB drives and none of them are recognized by the KPA. The drives were working fine on the computer and one I was already using to backup and load rigs on the Kemper. It was working great (updated firmware, loaded some rigs) until it crashed on my second attempt to load a few more rigs. I even tried reformatting the stick on my computer before plugging it in to the Kemper. "External Storage" still does not appear with all 3 USB drives.

Any other suggestions?

• Hey guys, thanks for your help.

I went out today and bought a new USB stick and guess what? Yep, it worked. Not sure what the problem was with the others, but apparently the KPA did not like them. I know one of the sticks I originally tried was never used so not sure what's up with that one.

Anyway, I'm good now. :thumbup:

• Hey guys, thanks for your help.

I went out today and bought a new USB stick and guess what? Yep, it worked. Not sure what the problem was with the others, but apparently the KPA did not like them. I know one of the sticks I originally tried was never used so not sure what's up with that one.

Anyway, I'm good now. :thumbup:

That's been the solution since day one, works every time.