A Waveform stomp

• This is in the "this may be something new" department:

The new pitch effects already generate two additional guitar voices. So.....

I think a "Waveform stomp" could be accomplished with a two voice chromatic pitch effect that has these additional features;

1) Each generated guitar voice can be distorted into a sine wave, square wave, or sawtooth wave.

2) A mix control for each voice: guitar to waveform mix

The Ducking features (already in the chromatic pitch effect) would allow the mix amount to be touch sensitive, when set to less than 100% waveform.

When mix is set to 100% waveform, the Ducking control would vary the fade in time for the waveform voices. With small amounts of ducking, this would function like a waveform "attack" parameter.

Detune would still be available, to provide fatness.

From what I have heard from the existing chromatic effect, I think this could still be used with chord smoothing, especially at unison, +12, and -12. At extreme settings, single notes might be more musical than chords. But, the possibilities for sonic mayhem would also be present.

If it absolutely has to be mono (like similar effects in other products), understood. But, if the Kemper does this with chords, that would be better than anything else....

• This would indeed be awesome, but in order to pull this off you'd probably need some serious experience of making synth type sounds and.... Oh Hang on...ah... Maybe there is a way we could ACCESS sounds like this after all... 8)

Even better if they tagged on an arpegiator with this...

+1

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• An arpeggio effect could useful enough to deserve its own thread, if there isn't one yet. Potential users would want to weigh on on pattern options, etc.

I was thinking of this as a relatively straightforward addition to chromatic pitch, that could just come as a "surprise" in an update. I suppose using intelligent pitch instead would allow for chords from single notes, if requires single string input.

• This isn't perhaps a million miles away from the existing wave shapers and would fit very nicely alongside these effects.
    The arpegiator remark was a bit of a throwaway line. I don't really expect this to be added, would seem like a major addition.

With regards to the wave stomp, is there a comparable effect elsewhere you could point us to? E.g YouTube or sound cloud? It sounds like a nice idea and I like the use of the existing ducking parameters. This one could well have legs...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I know line 6 has had monophonic synth effects for awhile, and I think I read here the Axe does.

This would be much more. The synth-ish rigs I have posted are hints of what it could do.

Before the pitch effects were available, I experimented with the EQs and filters, in pursuit of non-guitar sounds, and posted a couple rigs on the Exchange last December. I also got some "okay" organ sounds.

Then the pitch effects became available - I was able to add to the previous organ sounds, and posted them recently. They still can be improved - go for it!

With the new pitch effects, it sounds to me like notes that are shifted up have filters to prevent the treble from becoming painful. Adding a resonant filter can produce a sound very much like an analog sine wave in the Kemper now.