TAF: Still Reigns Supreme in the KPA world.

• Check the Direct Mix parameter in the amp section. If you have Phase issues turn it down to 0

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• 95% of the coolness comes from your fingers. Some tweaked free sounds from Ruppert are currently my mainstays, I bought a thirty quid pack that had some decent sounds in but I wasn't blown away. Plenty of decent free stuff out there, personally I won't purchase any again.

• You are reamping, right? Are you sure you switched on the "constant latency" setting in the KPA? Otherwise the KPA varies the latency which gives you all sorts of phasing problems when layering stuff. Happens even with factory profiles ;)

• You are reamping, right? Are you sure you switched on the "constant latency" setting in the KPA? Otherwise the KPA varies the latency which gives you all sorts of phasing problems when layering stuff. Happens even with factory profiles ;)

Nope, this is not with reamping unfortunately. Quittly hit it on the head, definitely some serious phase issues in some of these profiles, I trust my ears, and I FOR SURE trust my friends..

• What happens if you phase reverse this at post (daw)
    I find this all bizare, this then means that the kemper would be impossible to record with as everyone mics different..

Personally i never had any problems with this. And trust me when i say this.... Phase issues are my bugbear ive hated them for my lifetime. I know of many productions that have used thease to great results,

Pm me the profiles you used and i will check this..aling with the exact chain used please..
    Ill do my best to help

• What happens if you phase reverse this at post (daw)
    I find this all bizare, this then means that the kemper would be impossible to record with as everyone mics different..

Personally i never had any problems with this. And trust me when i say this.... Phase issues are my bugbear ive hated them for my lifetime. I know of many productions that have used thease to great results,

Pm me the profiles you used and i will check this..aling with the exact chain used please..
    Ill do my best to help

Andy, don't you dual-mic for profiling?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Andy, don't you dual-mic for profiling?

I believe he does. I believe these were done with 2 sm57s, a 121, and a 414 condenser mic. I mean, there's a reason why most audio engineers in metal don't mic cabinets like this, maybe this is why? I am a complete novice when it comes to recording,so don't take my word as gospel, I'm just trying to look at all sides of this.

• I believe he does. I believe these were done with 2 sm57s, a 121, and a 414 condenser mic. I mean, there's a reason why most audio engineers in metal don't mic cabinets like this, maybe this is why? I am a complete novice when it comes to recording,so don't take my word as gospel, I'm just trying to look at all sides of this.

They most certainly do mic like that. Actually, 99% of albums you've heard are multi-mic'd, save for the new-breed of Youtube producers :D
    The reason it's not more common among amateurs is that it's fairly difficult to pull of due to, well, phase issues.
    If one of your mics picks the sound up at distance X and the other one picks the same sound up at 1.5X, you'll theoretically get silence.
    Anything other than a 1:1.5 or 1:1 ratio will give you less volume and due to the size of your head, a 'phase-y' sound.
    (this is grossly oversimplified, sorry)

I'll need to hear it to know for sure and i'm sure Andy can troubleshoot you better than i could, but if this is what you're getting than the cab profile is the culprit.
    I've met many profiled cabs that exhibited these issues - most obvious of which were the SilentUnderground free cabs.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Gonna have to disagree on the micing opinion. Again, according to one of my close friends who has put out some of the biggest records in metal in the last 10 years, this Is not the case. I know for a fact, the farthest he goes is an sm57, and a 609, usually something like that, max.

• No one reigns supreme in the KPA world except the KPA itself and the user of the KPA.

Here's the most important point made in this thread, by Andy himself...
    "I can give the same profile of X amp to 5 people. using the same guitar +
    Equipment. - they can all record and play the same part, and yet,
    everyone will sound SOOO different to the next, this is a wonderful
    thing."

And that applies to all guitar musical equipment, including guitars.

• I'm rarely on this forum much anymore, a friend directed me to this quote.

Oh, and there are no samples for the Metalpack (yet) - Somone was going to get them done for me but bailed. (Im not a metal player) so I can do them im afraid. - but i'll find someone soon enough I hope.

Yeah, that was me - I have to apologize for having 'bailed;' after the metal packs were finished I got caught up producing actual records and the thing just totally slipped my mind.

That said, if I'm perfectly honest, the more I return to the metal pack, the more and more dissatisfied I am with it. I know I was relatively stoked on it in the beginning, but I think a lot of the things I had suggested to be done that weren't done eventually caught up with the 'newness' factor and left me dissatisfied when I tried them out in mixes.