GCP as a foot controller....

• First, I have to admit that I am a midiot......that said, how difficult is it to set up a GCP as a foot controller? Is there any sort of tutorial for this specific pedal? Thanks in advance. Steve

• There are some examples on you tube and some posts that have some directions. Don't hesitate to call the customer support line as they were very helpful and will walk you through the setup

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I use the GCP, and it is literally idiot proof. It is absurdly easy. Follow the directions on the GCP manual, depending if you want to patch switching, or have instant access options (being able to turn effects on and off instead of having to switch patches etc). If you prefer the IA (instant access)/stompbox style setup, the correlating CC numbers for effect on/off switching is in the Kemper manual.

• I'm a total MIDI noob also. Between the GCP manual and the Kemper reference manual MIDI table, I had the pedal setup in well under an hour. I used the 4 patch per bank mode with the top 8 buttons reserved for effect switching. In my case, the GCP showed up first. I had 9 songs in mind to set up first, so I named each patch and set each patches program change number.
    [Blocked Image: http://abanquetofconsequences.com/GCPsetup.jpg]
    Then I set up the IA buttons to trigger the changes in effects. Then I set the IA buttons to the on or off positions that I wanted for each patch. The controller doesn't listen to the KPA, it's a one way street. So, if you have a rig that has reverb and delay on, but you don't set those buttons to the on position, the next message that will be sent to the KPA will be to turn the effect on. Then you have to double tap to turn the effect off. Super easy to change this stuff on the fly. Press on the IA that you want lit up, hold the edit button, tap the edit button, and hit yes.

The reason I left the A button out is that I'll use A primarily for wah effects and I like the auto-on function for that.

I have found the GCP/Kemper combo to be incredibly easy to deal with. Far more intuitive than I expected.

Edited once, last by sage ().

• Don't hesitate to call them. They will help you through it and you can take notes. I hadn't setup midi before and the manual was not clear until I spoke with someone on the phone. It was quick and painless.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: