It's a long shot, but anyone play bass in a band with the Kemper through FRFR?

• It doesn't normally output enough low-end for what i'm used to but that's fixable via the studio EQ - just make sure you use a 15" FRFR and up, crank anything below 50Hz with the EQ.
    Also bear in mind you'll be about 3 or 4 times lower in output than with your guitar, as with actual bass amps.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I tune my guitar in drop D and in some of my loud bands I also like a lot to play fat lines on the lower strings. And this sometimes makes my RCF 12 sma cough out a bit of a smokey electronic stench!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• try it, but i guess with a thrash-metal band that rehearses LOUD (that reads: have a brutal Drummer) one 12" or 15" won´t be enough...

in my metalband my yamaha dsr112 is not enough for my baritone-guitar to compete against loud drus and a 412 cab of a friend...I Need a second Speaker

with bass you may also Need a subwoofer for pushing some air

• The very best 500W PA will be slightly louder than a 150W tube amp.
    Bass frequencies are about 3 times as hard to amplify than guitar frequencies.

Than means a 500W bass amp will be the equivalent of a 50W tube amp, for reference's sake.
    I wouldn't go for half that.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• it's just better to get a cheapo bass rig even if it would be quite tempting to use the KPA.

No. If you already own a Kemper all you need is a strong amplification. So I would not buy a bass amp because you pay for a preamp that you don't really need. The big advantage of the KPA is that you always have the chance to get a pristine PA (and recording) sound if you get to larger stages, even if you compromise (with budget FRFR) on your own monitor and small stage sound.

If 400 Euro (TC Electronics BH500) is the limit of your budget, I would look out for the strongest FRFR cabinet you can get in that range. Or maybe even better two less powerfull FRFR's. Or a poweramp and a cabinet. Maybe even second hand.

Also remember that, if there is a PA, you need much less power in your amp if you set it up in front of you, facing at you like a monitor wedge!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• As monitor wedges two 10" FRFRs should be not ideal but still possible IMO. I have one single RCF 12 sma and the smokey smell only comes when I use it as backline, behind me for small, loud gigs without PA.

www.audiosemantics.de