Queens of the Stone Age like tones/profiles

• I'll be getting my kemper by next wekk, guess that's how it feels when you're waiting for your first child to arrive ;)

So far I've heard that the factory profiles are not that good and I already started to download profiles that look interesting to me.
    Now I wanna know if you can recommend me any profiles with a qotsa-like sound. Doesn't matter which era as they switch their gear and change their sound pretty drastically from record to record.

I'm thankful for any help you guys can provide.

Greetz
    K.

• I have to admit that I wasn't blown away by the factory rigs when I first played through the KPA. Now that I've used them for 2-3 months, and understand the editing power in the KPA, there are a lot of killer sounds there.

Definitely look at the profiles on the rig exchange and look to purchase some favorites, but don't dismiss the factory rigs, lots of good stuff there.

For me, the Peter Fischer Fuchs stuff is great, Morgan AC20, Marshall Goloub mods, and a host of others are great sounds to work with.

Explore around the free rigs part of the forum as well.
    The KPA has been my best guitar purchase in a long time, and I would consider myself a tube snob. You're going to love playing with this thing!

Sean

• Yeah, I mean with almost every unit like this it is essential to not just rely on factory sounds but to also edit them to your taste. And I know what I'm talking about cause I've been using a pod for many years for recording. ;)

So it's gonna be a bless to work with the kemper especially if you have the sound you want in your head and you just have to translate it from your head to your speakers. I can see that this will be much easier or maybe not easier but better in results than with the pod.

And btw if you guys have some more recommendations for qotsa-like sounds or maybe Alice in Chains alike then I'm curious to hear them ;)